HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"participance is according to the participant’s nationality. Ex: a citizen of Canada can only participate at the America Region Qualifier."

This is an important rule to make sure people know about. If you hold an American passport but live in EU/Asia, you have to participate in this qualifier.

At the end of competition on May 10th, the top three winners are qualified as MOA representative of the Americas. They are free to choose another friend to team upwith and have the chance to continue their journey to the MSI Master Overclocking Arena Grand Final!

Well i have to pass this one, im pretty sure that will be very diffcult to any of the Latin America people to win this competition and not due to economics or other money-related but due to hardware avaibity, the NA people will have the advantage when Ivy will be released and by the time we get the Ivy CPUs the competition finished.

Lets wait for Lords of Overclocking.

Well i have to pass this one, im pretty sure that will be very diffcult to any of the Latin America people to win this competition and not due to economics or other money-related but due to hardware avaibity, the NA people will have the advantage when Ivy will be released and by the time we get the Ivy CPUs the competition finished.

Lets wait for Lords of Overclocking.

Lol, and you dont have a decent SB cpu at this time....

Where is stated that Ivy is not allowed to the competition? (it is only 1 rule against the use of noncomercial hardware, but what happen when Ivy will hit retail?).

Saint you dont even have a decent SB cpu so dont lol at me ahahahah.

Good luck Ronaldo!

Where is stated that Ivy is not allowed to the competition? (it is only 1 rule against the use of noncomercial hardware, but what happen when Ivy will hit retail?).

Saint you dont even have a decent SB cpu so dont lol at me ahahahah.

Good luck Ronaldo!

I have not tested mine totally...

I don't understand the scoring method. can someone kindly explain?

I don't know if all qualifiers will be the same (usually it's not), the american qualifier will be composed of three benchmarks, in each of them you get different scores depending on the ranking position that you achieve.

After that you sum the scores obtained in all three rankings and you get a final ranking. Top three in this final ranking at the Americas will qualify for the worldwide finals. the 4th and 5th places will get prizes and two lucky OCers will receive prizes too.