HWBOT Community Forums

PCMark04 - How to get the score

Vinster

Another experimenting round :P

So, despite my dislike for Windows 7, I give them a chance. First problem is, that WMP 9 install does NOT work under Win 7 64bit:

(now with cool music :D )

This is somewhat surprising and serious setback, because w/o WMP, the PCMark04 will fail to work :(

Later I tried (despite not meeting the requirments to sucesfull PCMark04 run yet) the Affinity by time & PCMark04 runs. It does not work, exactly as on WinXP SP 3 - it just does nothing. The Win7 install is not tweaked with at all, fresh, not even installed GFX drivers or sound drivers, lol. Fresh. Still no go:

As anyone can see, I did plenty of runs... and always I get only a fail... Setting affinity by taskmanager will do nothing.

However! This was just a prelude... when I run PCMark04 on one core with fail, and then set it to run on another core - I get the Grammar test to pass for the very fist time....! :nana:

(with even more cool music ;) )

Dunno what to make out of it, but it looks like that there IS a possibility to make sucesfull PCMark04 run - altrough the performance will be crippled by using only one core (Grammar run give 6 022 kb/sec time - is that good or bad or mediocre result?).

Looks like that I have to do about 100 runs, and once it might pass and that will be the score that I cannot ever repeat, lol. This is pretty touchy benchmark! :celebration:

Now what about the WMP? WMP 9 refuse to install on Windows 7. WMP 10 also refuse to install on Win7, claiming that this is only for 32bit WinXP! What a.... :mad:

I wanted 64bit WMP 11, but got only generic x86 install (wmp11-windowsxp-x86-CS-CZ.exe) with - on top of that - fail to install again. Hopefully someone have an english x64bit install of any WMP that will work for me :rolleyes:

I try searching harder (and again), but a little help (PM perhaps?) could not hurt :ws:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Using Celeron (single core) is just too easy to get the score:

PCMark_04_4393_bodu.jpg

That works just fine. However to my sheer absolute flustration, there is no way to submit score into HWbot now! WTF ...

This is insane.

Anyway, slight bump for any ideas about dualcores!