HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge 3570K/3770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

I've never dabbled in zub zero cooling mate but fancy having a go at some point.

For now it's delidded and under custom water. Temps are pretty great. Got my 5.4 & 5.5GHz profiles set up for benching. IMC seems pretty strong. Stable with 4x8GB Teamgroup 2666MHz but after running a few tests 2400 is the sweet spot. Anything higher and the read/write bandwidth starts to drop quite rapidly.

Sounds good! Whats your 24/7 clock speed and volts?

Wow... 5.5 on water? Sounds lovely!

5.5 around 1.5v seems good for a quick run. Could do with more voltage but the limit kicks in soon after. I would need to enable LN2 mode to get around it but haven't given that a try yet.

th_super%20pi.png

1M 5.5

32M 5.4

Sounds good! Whats your 24/7 clock speed and volts?

5.1 1.325v is my 24/7 clock. Previously had it 5GHz 1.28v.

Edited by Bluntwrapped

5.5 around 1.5v seems good for a quick run. Could do with more voltage but the limit kicks in soon after. I would need to enable LN2 mode to get around it but haven't given that a try yet.

th_super%20pi.png

1M 5.5

32M 5.4

5.1 1.325v is my 24/7 clock. Previously had it 5GHz 1.28v.

Nice clocks dude, however wondering why bump to 5.1GHz thats quite a voltage bump for the sake of 100Mhz.

Either way looks like you've got a very good clocking chip there! What I wouldn't give to put that under my Single Stage Phase to see how much further it could go ;)

Thanks man :)

I had it sitting 5Ghz for about a year under my makeshift loop. After taking the lid off I gave bare mount a try using the MSI delid die guard followed by the EK naked mount kit. Both were pretty underwhelming and hindsight a complete waste of time. Little to no benefit and I spent ages mounting and remounting each just to get an even amount of pressure across the die.

After stripping everything down for the fourth time I thought I'll try again with the lid on but this time twice as much CLU as I had used previously. I was surprised when I saw roughly an 8c drop over what I was seeing before during a 10x loop of IBT. While it is quite a bump from 5 to 5.1, I thought since I have a bit of extra headroom to play with it'd be a shame not to use it. That was really the extent of my thinking and reasoning! That, and there's something extremely satisfying about firing up CPUZ to see 5100Mhz :D

• 2 weeks later...