HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge 3570K/3770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

Ok, so buying CPUs in Poland is now guaranteed success now that XA has taken all the bad ones :D

I swear i'm doing something wrong with Ivy, I'm not binning, i'm still figuring out how to bench for more than 90 minutes without the board falling over. I'm about ready to set up a countdown timer for sessions and race for scores.

I swear i'm doing something wrong with Ivy, I'm not binning, i'm still figuring out how to bench for more than 90 minutes without the board falling over. I'm about ready to set up a countdown timer for sessions and race for scores.

Maybe bad insulation ? I think that this problem is common but not after 90 minutes. I start losing few Mhz after 2-3 hours. I'm not 100% sure but it's the paste that causes this.

I am very confused. after just one day bench on the CPU at 1.84 vcore, the CPU does not have the 6.7 ghz 32m.

my question is is it perhaps thermal grease inside the CPU or the CPU has already been downgraded.

test the air is at 5 ghz 1.255 and now it has increased to 1.275 with the same board.

i boots 6.1 whit 1,425 to 1.45 volts.

it would 6.2 32m stable at dice. 1.75 vcore and so not tested it on the dice again but will believe that it is not higher than the 5.950.

any advice for me ????

Edited by slaske6

• Crew
I am very confused. after just one day bench on the CPU at 1.84 vcore, the CPU does not have the 6.7 ghz 32m.

my question is is it perhaps thermal grease inside the CPU or the CPU has already been downgraded.

test the air is at 5 ghz 1.255 and now it has increased to 1.275 with the same board.

i boots 6.1 whit 1,425 to 1.45 volts.

it would 6.2 32m stable at dice. 1.75 vcore and so not tested it on the dice again but will believe that it is not higher than the 5.950.

any advice for me ????

thats how my other cpu degraded too, the internal heat is too much so it can't scale anymore.

Is your pot temp still at maximum? because when my cpu degraded my pot was always 10-20C warmer.

thats how my other cpu degraded too, the internal heat is too much so it can't scale anymore.

Is your pot temp still at maximum? because when my cpu degraded my pot was always 10-20C warmer.

in the start we were running on the cpu there were a bit off cbb , byt now there is not . only under 105 blck ofcaurse .

and we had always the potte on max cold . it had only run on air 1 time . in bios whit 1.28 vcore it sayes the cpu is betwen 38-40 degreas. whit out any load . 2 -3 times the termal pasta lost contakt on cpu and we remounted to start over again

Okay so I have "magic" hand

9 CPUs:

1x Malay L225B @ 6.4-6.5 GHz 3DMark 03/05 4 cores

1x Malay L224C @ 6.7 GHz CPU-Z 1 core

1x Costa Rica 3224B @ 6.3 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

1x Costa Rica 3224B @ 6.6 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

1x Costa Rica 3230B @ IMC sucks, can't boot 2520 mem, CB - 175*C

1x Costa Rica 3230B @ 6.4 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

1x Costa Rica 3230B @ 6.3 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

1x Costa Rica 3230B @ 6.4 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

1x Costa Rica 3230B @ 6.2 GHz CPU-Z 4 cores

Jeez... Got a 3223b Costa Rica myself and will try it these days. Hopefully its not similar to yours :D