HWBOT Community Forums

Ivy Bridge 3570K/3770K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

Intel seem to be crippling chips - I tried three 3450s and three 3550s in search of good IMC - none could do past 1100.

Also tried sixteen 3570K - twelve 3218C090 and four 3219B503 - none POST at 5GHz 1.4V (where my E0 ES is fine at 1.3) or at 1300 mem (some of it might be down to Giga board, but still...).

• Like 1

3x 3218B594 3570k

1st 1.352 volt 32m 2c/2t

2nd 1.37 volt 32m 4c/4t (only 4th core good...)

Third still untested. not so bad start anyway :)

...and the last one, 1.37 volt 2c/2t. (1.332 volt single core!)

Edited by Calathea

Batch means nothin:)

Did test a bunch of 3750 and 3770..

It doesn't matter if it can do 5Ghz air @ 1.2V or 1.47V as long as it can do 2800+ mem. on air and it will be nice if it can scale to 6.7G+ on cold too:)

Edited by dumo

That looks promising!

I eat my last 2600K laying around here if you can't find a 6.6+ chip among these :)

Lol, I will report back when I tested these. Got around 10L left, should be plenty for quick runs.

Batch means nothin:)

Did test a bunch of 3750 and 3770..

It doesn't matter if it can do 5Ghz air @ 1.2V or 1.47V as long as it can do 2800+ mem. on air and it will be nice if it can scale to 6.7G+ on cold too:)

Well, this air binning is of course questionable. But I don't think you can deny we are seeing a lot more consistent results comparing to Sandy.

I have a question for you guys... What settings are you changing in BIOS to bin chips?

On my L204B321, the only settings I changed were dram voltage and vcore for 6.3. Everything else was left on auto... I tried changing other settings, but it seemed to make no difference on my chip for max cpuz.

Are you guys changing anything other than vcore when testing for max cpuz?

Another 3218B:

cpu-6697.jpg

Great volts!