• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three main arguments to move or get moved to the Pro League:

1) You work for a hardware vendor (cpu/mb/vga/...)-

2) You get an excessive amount of hardware support

3) Using ES

I'm not going to expand on the why's for every point, but essentially the Pro League all comes down to getting the super-sponsored out of the regular league as it was upsetting some people.

Now, go you have to be moved to Pro if you get a piece of hardware once in a while? No. Getting a free mainboard will not help you get any better in the rankings. Am I actively searching for vendor reps in the +1000 ranks of the OCL? No. There might be some vendor reps still in the OCL, but highly inactive so it doesn't matter.

You guys are taking this thread way too seriously. And it's me(!) who's saying that. There is no real "pro-circuit" in overclocking; maybe 5 people in the world are actually getting paid to do overclocking and of those 5, none are getting paid to do well in the HWBOT League. There are now 70 people in the Pro League ...

To be honest, I prefer regular guys getting in touch with stores to find their golden CPU than paying a rediculous amount of cash for one that has been pre-binned. Not only does it keep the cost down, but it helps spreading the sweetness that is overclock AND is a chance for new friendchips.

I would say that a person binning 200 chips for free receives excessive hardware support, no doubt. There are practially no differences between binning 200 CPUs in a store and 200 at some vendor's HQ (assuming all chips are retails).

Vendor supported people were also regular guys until they got hired by a company. Same thing goes for the store supported people, regular guys... until they actually receive "excessive hardware support".

Man, I'm busted :(

Thank God the interest on a savings account is 1.5%, so why waste money on hardware.

dzh6wz.jpg

Wait

looks like binning some cpu's will bring more money in to my account !!!

Who want's to buy one for € 400?

Edited by Gamer