HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not be complaining...

I losed 2 x MSI X79 GD 65 (works one day and after 20 LN2 lts...first session working all right...it died and no more bench)

Losed one Z68 GD80 that's killed my 5970 Mhz 2600K (priceless).

But still got a place to Taiwan...so was good to me.

Even I losed PCparts...

:)

Good lucky for all... looking forward for the 5 finalists

Okay, my GD65 blew up (CPU mosfet) killing my 6.7 GHz SPI32m chip... MSI on the roll

Seems that killing highly-clocked CPUs is the main MSI LGA1155 motherboards' OC issue. Just like during previous year. 'Excellent' marketing promo though they usually tell @you guys did something wrong@ -)

Are you guys taking notes on when/why stuff dies? Should be good info for MSI right?
The most interesting thing is that HW dies without any noticeable reason, and water/condensate IS NOT a problem.

Some told 10 months ago that they should totally re-design their DrMOS working algoritms but seems that everything remains untouched when comparing P67/Z68 and Z77 boards.

Massman it's magic :D

Xtreme Addict bad news... it was before when you want save screen on 6,7 ghz run?)

Yes, I only found 6.6 GHz crappy run saved... So officially I am out of MOA, no more Z77 board and good CPU even if I order new staff I doubt I will be able to test it before 14.06 :( I will only test today LGA2011 when my CPU arrives

@cyclone

I agree, even when Asus board has cpu power circuit failure, CPU is still alive, in MSI it equals = dead

I have too much bad luck and I am getting old, cause I am not extremely mad about it, in fact I was sure that I will lose this CPU in that board. It's only DrMOS, but MOA needs blood of innocent victims lol. With a bit of luck my result will let me win ticket so not too bad. The only positive thing is that new CPU seem to clock better and better than older batches so maybe I will find even a better one :D

MSI is a killer board........ my Z68-gd80 when i have press start buton went into fire from mosfets and has killed my second 5750 sandy.

I have killed also my good ivy after removing IHS and now that i have find another good ivy i'm afraid to play. A lot of burned hardware just for a ticket..........

just for a ticket..........
Not even for a ticket, just for a chance to play for a ticket ;)

And that is really sad. I suppose next time I'll take a tour to Taipei for the money that could be spent on contest hardware. Should be more than enough.

Not even for a ticket, just for a chance to play for a ticket ;)

And that is really sad. I suppose next time I'll take a tour to Taipei for the money that could be spent on contest hardware. Should be more than enough.

Some people like I in Poland hadn't had chance to participate in MOA earlier. The only normal MOA polish edition was in 2009, firstly there were online qualifications and 4 best participated in live event contest, I was third then in live event. Then in 2010 there wasn't MOA in Poland, in 2011 MSI Poland organised live event contest only for Team PCLab (G.Foyle and yotomeczek) and ryba (ASD crew). So this year I made up my mind and decided to buy all needed hardware and fight for finals. It's bad that we need so much hardware for it which is very fragile, and it would be nice if there were semifinals live but like I said, for me it was the only chance and I am very happy with 2012 MOA edition via HWBOT. Maybe next year MSI would develop this form, and make HWbot qualifications for live semifinals, it would give more fight, bigger show, more prices for participants :)

Edited by Xtreme Addict

Xtreme Addict you really deserve this ticket on MOA 2012

Gyus, how about buy ticket in Taipei in 2013. Beer, sun and ocean, it will better than OC contest :D

Haha, thx :) Beer, sun and sea, I like it :D and afterparty with some vodka

Agree for both :D

thx ;)

excellent idea ahahahah.

4x vote for yes :D

Tested new 3960X - only 5.25 GHz, tomorrow I will test new 3930K. I will 2x new Ivy 3770K before the end of MOA, but I won't be able to organise new Z77A-GD65

Till now, me and Cische bought:

5 7970 lightning (1 dead)

1 x79 gd65 (bios corrupted, RMA)

1 x79 xpower II

2 z77 gd65 (both still alive)

6 3770k (but not specifically for this contest, we are still binning more)

250 liters LN2

We hope to have something more to show ..... ;)

Edited by giorgioprimo