HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to post a score before coming here and start complaining on how much this competition sucks but I failed even in this...

my country is Italy, so I guess I'm in the EMEA, isn't it? too bad the system refuse my score saying I'm not.

e4f7ba190886694.jpg

anyway, even without being able to join I would like to write my opinion on this MOA, the most RIDICULOUS competition ever made.

I'm just wondering who the hell is the fucktard (yes, because he/she could be only that) which decided the rules of the competition.

the ONLY benchmark where you really need to know how to overclock and tweak is the 32M, 03 and 3dmark 11 are pretty plug and play and the one which had binned more GPU and CPU will win even with a daily use OS.

clearly 32M earns way less points than what 3dmark 03 and 11 do.

like if that alone isn't enough they also decided to make people buy not one, but two platforms:

1- Ivy + Z77 for 32M and 03;

2- SB-E + X79 for 3dmark 11.

to sum it up, in order to being able to reach the top 5 a guy needs to have:

1- 3770K (320+ €)

2- MSI Z77 crapboard...errrrrr, motherboard (150+ €)

3- 3930K (550 €)

4- MSI X79 (200+ €)

5- highly binned HD7970 (or GTX680, are these really available?) (400+ €)

so, without even thinking about binning we need to spend 1600+ €.

MSI this time did everything to make the competition completely inaccessible for everyone without unlimited resources or connections with brands.

I really hope none will join this crap and hwbot will finally realize how this kind of money/marketing-BS driven competitions add nothing to the community.

^ anyone that benches for hwbot points probably already planned on getting or has a 3770k and 3930/3960.....

Marketing BS driven competitions? What are they getting out of it besides maybe 40 people buying 2 motherboards and a gpu....to pay for 30+ people to be flown to Taiwan and payed accommodations will be much more expensive not to mention they send 1 set of gear to each team... So if you place, deduct $400 motherboard and $600 GPU from your total ;)

If you are smart, you sell the stuff after the competition is over and you are only down a couple 100.....Dont compete if you dont want to but to say this adds nothing to the community couldnt be more wrong.

My only complain is that whenever a competition comes to hwbot, the prize pool become negligent.....I wonder why???? MOA has been known to compensate well winners of specific country/continent but do not know whether its the recession or something else which is the cause of the drop in prizes.....

PS. Please feel free to move the thread if this is not the right thread to discuss it.

^ anyone that benches for hwbot points probably already planned on getting or has a 3770k and 3930/3960.....

Marketing BS driven competitions? What are they getting out of it besides maybe 40 people buying 2 motherboards and a gpu....to pay for 30+ people to be flown to Taiwan and payed accommodations will be much more expensive not to mention they send 1 set of gear to each team... So if you place, deduct $400 motherboard and $600 GPU from your total ;)

If you are smart, you sell the stuff after the competition is over and you are only down a couple 100.....Dont compete if you dont want to but to say this adds nothing to the community couldnt be more wrong.

forcing everyone to buy super high end stuff isn't the best way to incentive people to join, don't you think?

if they really want make people join the competition they should make online qualifications with low/mid-end graphic cards, then, if the want, for the live stages they can give contestants 7970 or whatever they want.

if using a low end graphic card you will also not need a super duper binned CPU but you still need to freeze/mod the graphic card and show the same kind of skills you need to bench an high end card.

and don't tell me that using a lightning or an high end card is more difficult than using for instance a modded HD7750 (that is worth around 100 €).

so, yes, I'm still of the idea that a competition with this kind of rules sucks so badly that it's better to not have it.

3dmark11 can be won at 5-5.2ghz cpu for x79 so dont need to bin that, gd65 will work fine dont need big bang II.......3dmark03 is a very tweakable bench so it does not mean highest speed will win same as 32m......You want them to give more and pay less to compete I understand but they want even the qualifier to be a showcase of their high end product! ;)

I also like it even with the new rules.We should be thankful to MSI for continuing this competition although the global crisis.I will participate and do my best(although I only have a decent 3930K and still trying to get all the rest hardware).

Good luck to all participants and have fun.

Blah, i bet everyone who actually is interested can take part this comp. There have been enough time to get parts ready like i have been doing almost 2 months now :D

Sure it takes lot of money but if u wanna try then u just have to try. Itse more that do u wanna take part or not, thats my opinion :)

Atleast they are willing to do this kind of events. In the past there were much more these but now msi is almost only manufacturer who does this..

I find quite funny how you guys put the statement "global crisis" in the same phrase where you also say that you are more than willing to spend 1600+ €. :P

None will spend 1600+€.I sold my RIVE, a 3960X and a reference 7970 that I won't use any more and I just need a few more money for getting the rest of the gear(maybe some of them used)witch I can also sell after competition;)

To me...

Is the biggest Worldwide Overclocking Competition actually.

Sure is not easy to keep this kind of competition...and they just cut regional events (now, is online and final).

I think people complaining about rules can not help MOA to keep alive...I can understand the dificulties to compete in lots of countries (Brazil is one)...but...better to have MOA that do not have.

For example... GOOC that we just lose.

Keep MOA alive 4 ever ;)