HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good thing to say to these elite European overclockers. There is an elimination round and an after-elimination round. Who qualifies for moa qualifies for moa.

We (me and TheKing) did our first run for MOA, yesterday evening, but we're stuck at 1,3v on the GPU, without AB Extreme, in other words 1330/1800 max in 3dm03.

I wrote 2 times to pieter in the last days, but no response yet.

And no, I don't want that sw from somebody else.

I think that MSI should give AB to people partecipating to that comp, and I don't know who's the person in MSI in charge to give that sw.

Can somebody help there?

I have no control over the release of AfterBurner and I cannot magically change MSI's policies on it. They make custom versions and hand it to xtreme overclockers they trust with the software. I can recommend people, or give additional background info when they ask me "who is this", but I do not have any final say in anything.

If you don't want the software from anyone else, then hardmod the card.

I have no control over the release of AfterBurner and I cannot magically change MSI's policies on it. They make custom versions and hand it to xtreme overclockers they trust with the software. I can recommend people, or give additional background info when they ask me "who is this", but I do not have any final say in anything.

If you don't want the software from anyone else, then hardmod the card.

Since you are the liaison between MOA participants/hwbot and MSI, shouldnt it automatically become your responsibility to get AB extreme for the participants to make the competition fair to all who do not have direct contact with MSI?????

What I feel, you are currently saying is, its not your responsiblity, And its your(interested participants) choice whether you want to participate in the competition or not.

P.S. I do have access to AB Extreme and to MSI representative, but if I did not, then I really would have felt grossly being treated unfair.

Edited by thebanik

Since you are the liaison between MOA participants/hwbot and MSI, shouldnt it automatically become your responsibility to get AB extreme for the participants to make the competition fair to all who do not have direct contact with MSI?????

What I feel, you are currently saying is, its not your responsiblity, And its your(interested participants) choice whether you want to participate in the competition or not.

QFT.

Pieter, I asked you in PM how can I get AB extreme, to avoid being marked as "unauthorized owner of unreleased sw originally given to xx", like almost everybody is doing around here, and this is you response Pieter?

Hardmod? I always hardmodded mobos and vgas in the last 10 years, but if I'm partecipating a competition in which everybody needs a software to not to risk damages to a 549euros vga, I should have it LEGALLY... Am I the only one who wants to pursue the correct way for having it? Well, it seems that it's not the case.

lol cmon guys give pj a break, i dont have access to ab unlocked, so i will do hardmod for past 1.3v

This is not the point... if everybody is imposed to risk his vga vmodding it, then it's ok to me.

If everybody is forbidden to use unreleased hw it's fair, it's ok to me.

If some guys can use a sw that lets them to not risk the vga due to a bad soldering, and the others not, this is not fair as I prefer to not hardmod a videocard that costs A LOT.

I'm not asking MSI to release everything to the public, but at least to the guys who are taking part in that comp!

You're absolutely correct. The MOA qualifiers are a cooperation between MSI and HWBOT. Cooperation means that HWBOT has some say in the organisation, but not full and complete say in everything. The AB Extreme distribution is something that is not even related to the MOA competition; it's being handled by a completely different team within MSI.

Like I said ... I'm not a magicworker.

//edit: as all this 'fairness' talk is concerned, you might want to read this: http://hwbot.org/news/the_paradox_of_a_fair_competition

You're absolutely correct. The MOA qualifiers are a cooperation between MSI and HWBOT. Cooperation means that HWBOT has some say in the organisation, but not full and complete say in everything. The AB Extreme distribution is something that is not even related to the MOA competition; it's being handled by a completely different team within MSI.

//edit: as all this 'fairness' talk is concerned, you might want to read this: http://hwbot.org/news/the_paradox_of_a_fair_competition

I can't read it right now, I'm at work, but let's point out a thing that I wrote you in my first PM.

I'm not mad at you, we're trying to ASK you to let us know something and report to MSI our complaints.

We're not giving you the responsibility of MSI behavior... that said, if you can intercede and take them our arguments, it would be great, as we're all stuck at 1,3v. :(

I can't read it right now, I'm at work, but let's point out a thing that I wrote you in my first PM.

I'm not mad at you, we're trying to ASK you to let us know something and report to MSI our complaints.

We're not giving you the responsibility of MSI behavior... that said, if you can intercede and take them our arguments, it would be great, as we're all stuck at 1,3v. :(

QFT

As Iron said, if MSI denies your request (or has already denied) then I guess it becomes individual participants responsibility to get hold of the software but you should atleast try and get hold of the right contact (and you know its not that hard) who can authorize you to distribute the software through PM or likes OR Deny you to become such a middle man and ask you to provide the right contact person within MSI to participants OR to say no to such requests straightaway

But your earlier response was more like shrugging off the responsibility that you hold as hwbot/MOA Admin.

Wow. Everyone i know who has an unlocked AB Extreme has stated do not share. If it gets shared then the source will get cut off from future software. Personally i have used 4 or more different unlcoked AB extremes. And only 1 worked for me and that was only for the gpu. The memory was not unlocked so i had to use other software. They AB extremes out there are not fool proof. They work sometimes and not other times. They are BETA's mostly they are not working. Do the hard mods if you can. You'll be better off.

What really sucks is with all the whinning MSI will probably not offer things like this to anyone so we all get nothing.

Edited by [GF]Duke

Sad to see MSI and PJ getting so much crap they don't deserve. People, if you want AB-extreme, just ask MSI and sign the NDA. They will let you, if your able to show you're an actuall overclocker and know what you're doing.

Sad to see MSI and PJ getting so much crap they don't deserve. People, if you want AB-extreme, just ask MSI and sign the NDA. They will let you, if your able to show you're an actuall overclocker and know what you're doing.

Tried, I emailed to PR from VGA (Taipei) and everything was fine, he said they will send me AB Extreme but they need email from MSI Poland with confirmation of my identity. MSI Poland was too afraid to send email to him, they said they can't send information to main PR without special meeting of polish PR from MSI blablabla. Bunch of idiots, but MSI Poland is a part of MSI Global, so MSI sucks about AB Extreme.

Edited by Xtreme Addict

All participants should be able to get a copy, thats the only way to make the MOA qualifiers fair. If someone can show a pic of the gear and sign a NSA :D whats the problem? HWBOT, the host of this compo, should be able to arrange this with MSI imho.

All participants should be able to get a copy, thats the only way to make the MOA qualifiers fair. If someone can show a pic of the gear and sign a NSA :D whats the problem? HWBOT, the host of this compo, should be able to arrange this with MSI imho.

Oh come on. All participants wern't able to get their hands on MSI harware nevermind software to overclock it for the Americas MOA. You wanna talk about fair?

Duke;176524']Oh come on. All participants wern't able to get their hands on MSI harware nevermind software to overclock it for the Americas MOA. You wanna talk about fair?

If ALL partecipants weren't able to put hands on something, then it was a crap, but it was the same for everybody.

And, if moa for america was a bad experience for that reason, why the hell should we have the same problems, on another issue?

Issues are made to be solved, not to say "oh come on, do the hardmod, oh come on, don't break msi balls, oh come on there are bigger problems in the world". Oh and if you will to hardmod a 549euros vga, nobody is keeping you from doin' it... but if I can avoid to put my hands on a soldering station (like it was in the past 10years, when I started), then it's better. I'm not a professional, I solder if it's necessary, and this time it is not.

Duke;176524']Oh come on. All participants wern't able to get their hands on MSI harware nevermind software to overclock it for the Americas MOA. You wanna talk about fair?

For the America's MOA you might have a point although i dont completely understand it, you had a card and so did others so ?