HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

Not a Lightning. Why should anything change. There are challenges to be overcome.

You didn't know about the AB problem beofre MOA? You could have brought that up a long time ago. Not now that the contest has already begun. Everyone knew about AB Extremes a long long time ago.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke;176531']Not a Lightning. Why should anything change. There are challenges to be overcome.

You didn't know about the AB problem beofre MOA? You could have brought that up a long time ago. Not now that the contest has already begun. Everyone knew about AB Extremes a long long time ago.

Yes, I didn't know, because I didn't have a lightning and I simply tought that AB extreme was just like the last time I needed it, in the 5870 period... it was posted here and there on XS and almost all the websites, and everybody could pick it.

Now I noticed it, and now I'm raising my doubts and proposing solutions.

In America you had other problems? ok, I'm not in America, I didn't follow what you were doing over there, and if this time we can obtain a change in the rules for europe, the same will be applied to the next online qualifier and even to America, the next year.

Duke;176531']Not a Lightning. Why should anything change. There are challenges to be overcome.

I didnt notice you used a ref card, my bad. I agree this aint something new, but i do think it should be easy for any serious MOA competitor to get it and from what i have read in this topic that isnt the case for all.

MSI either needs to release the unlocked afb to everyone or no one to avoid these fiascos. Very simple.

we need secret AB extreme for the vga.

we need (CCII Ver.2.2.087, Vcore 2.15V support) secret version to overvolt cpu over 1,8v on z77A mobos.

finaly why don't you name the winners?

Do you think i have money to spent on msi products in order to see the MSI guys in front of me?

competition is over for me.

In all competitions someone has something that the other dosn't. not just in computer competitions. Car racing for instance. One car builder will have something that the other dosn't. Does that make it unfair or is it just being on the leading edge?. IDK maybe its unfair maybe its not. Someone will always be better. Someone will always know something that everyone else dosn't. Always.

In car competitions, and in all competitions, there are rules that you must subscribe prior to say what's the team you'll bring on the racetrack, what car will you race with etc... if the rules states "no turbo allowed", no one can use it.

The parallel between our situation and the other one just described is "you can have max 500hp" as a rule. Normal teams will get no help in squeezing out the HPs, other teams will have the competition organizer who gives them aids, like "hey, do this in your ECU, it'll help you, don't share with others".

It's not vital, but it's for sure of help... and it's not fair to help somebody and not the others.

@MSI and @HWbot [basically this is Massman's responsibility]

For all I know only a handful needs this AB. All overclockers that have attended previous MSI events already obtained AB.

Others who intend to join, who have 7970lightnings, who use LN2 and aren't yet on the list should get a copy.

I only see 2[iron and Kintaro] guys asking for this software. I'm sure there is room for reconsideration.

Its also safe to ask for their team captain's stand on their members merit and credibility.

Honda, I think that a lot of people just have an AB taken from other guys, so we're not just in 2. And even if we're in 2 in the whole europe, maybe in other countries there are other guys who didn't asked it in public for their reasons that IDK. Please, don't put it in the perspective that I'm the only interested, in fact I was for not to enter the comp because I have so little time to spend on it etc... I was convinced by a friend, and I said ok, but there is a thing that I can't stand... and here we are.

If all this was only for me and my teammate, I was probably out drinking a pair of beers, instead of trying to get MOA rules more precise :D

It's not bad to ask. If you guys are reputable overclockers who want to compete in this competition then its only fitting to ask.

I'm only pointing out 2 guys [you included], because its obvious. Its also lessens the complications.

You guys better have pictures and videos showing 1.3v on afterburner and a pot on those 7970lightnings. otherwise you guys are just ranting.

@Duke: You want me out of here? just say it clear ahshahshahahhaa

No I'm joking, and this means that I said all I had to say, time to wait Pieter with news from msi, let's hope they'll be good :)

@honda: correct, I didn't post the screens because... well, I forgot to take pics of the rig -.-

Anyway, this is the max we reached, yesterday evening, with only 1,3v on the GPU, and CPU at -190, of course.

First one, gpu at 1300, -50 if I well remember

316759192722227.jpg

Max screen obtained, at about 20 degrees less, let's say in the -70/-80 range, 1330mhz, no way to do better with that voltage, even at -120

a53bdc192722251.jpg

Edited by |ron

Na dude go for it. I have nothing to loose here. Good luck i hope it works out for you. I hope you have a lightning because you can't push more than 1.5vgpu without hitting ocp. Then you will be like me. I had to do ocp hard mod and i killed a 600.00 card doing it. yea cards were so hard to find that i had to pay 600.00 for a reference card on e-bay for MOA. Then NewEgg finally got some more in. It was rediculous.

• Crew

lets just get clear that i DONT have afterburner unlocked to start with, seriously for everyone complaining you need to take a look at what your saying

this is an overclocking competition, meant for the best overclockers in the world to compete against one another, its not meant to be easy, if you cant hardmod your vga and even your board if its required, you need not apply, your services arnt required here,

i dont think its msi or hwbots responsibility to provide afterburner unlocked, any version of afterburner can do high clocks, so all you need is vgpu/vpll/vmem right? ok mod it and your problem is solved

sure it would be great if msi decided to release afterburner for everyone, but they havnt, so lets just get on with it?

lets just get clear that i DONT have afterburner unlocked to start with, seriously for everyone complaining you need to take a look at what your saying

this is an overclocking competition, meant for the best overclockers in the world to compete against one another, its not meant to be easy, if you cant hardmod your vga and even your board if its required, you need not apply, your services arnt required here,

i dont think its msi or hwbots responsibility to provide afterburner unlocked, any version of afterburner can do high clocks, so all you need is vgpu/vpll/vmem right? ok mod it and your problem is solved

sure it would be great if msi decided to release afterburner for everyone, but they havnt, so lets just get on with it?

First of all, it doesn't matter how experienced you are- there's always a chance you might kill something when modding or using a hard mod.

But that's besides the point. It's another one of those minor points that make things unfair that could be corrected very easily. The secret afterburner nonsense has created trouble ever since its inception. Ironically, the people that it hurts the most are potential participants to MSI's own contests. And of course, it creates an awkward dilemma for anyone that has the software. They end up being an asshole no matter what. If they don't share it, they're screwing their friends, and if they do share it, they break an NDA.

If they just never released such a thing period then everyone would need to mod, and that'd be fine too, but too late for that.

No better place to get it than the extreme community that is hwbot. MSI and HWbot are partners for a reason.

No better place to get it than from the competition host. In the Grand finals this will be given to all the qualifiers anyways.

The only place where this Unlocked AB is useful is for MSI competition and HWBOT. Simple as that.

As for having it available for everyone, I completely disagree. You simply can't give anybody a license to fly a commercial aircraft.