HWBOT Community Forums

Another 6.7G retail

Massman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just testing, man. I don't want to spend time finetuning ... that's something for later. Tested 2nd chip of the night, this one did 5100 pi32m on air. A solid 6.6G+ one, but no 6.7G. Oh well, good enough!

5.05.906t.jpg

FYI, we've now tested about 7 of this one retail batch and got 1x6700, 2x6600 and 1x6500. Good good.

Are you pre-testing on air with 2/2 and some specific voltage for all chips or just quickly finding the max 32M on air regardless voltage?

Mine does 32M 5.2GHz @ 1.55+ V, which seems pretty bad, compared to what I read here.

My M4G is broken and M5G is not yet available here. I'm crying badly...

Are you pre-testing on air with 2/2 and some specific voltage for all chips or just quickly finding the max 32M on air regardless voltage?

Mine does 32M 5.2GHz @ 1.55+ V, which seems pretty bad, compared to what I read here.

My M4G is broken and M5G is not yet available here. I'm crying badly...

I'm not even mounting the CPU cooler, really. Just some thermal paste, twitch'n'turn the heatsink on it so it creates a vaccuum and then one low speed 120mm fan.

The key of this 'air process' is probably keeping all the variables like thermal paste, mounting 'pressure', heatsink etc the same. Only that way you can compare chips and see which are doing better under air.

I don't think it's possible to compare online with other folks as the environment parameters are just different.

Please write cpu vcore on air, very interesting )

1.4V.

Tested lilbit further with maximus-z and it can do 4.9ghz 4/8 1.35v, 5Ghz need 1.45v and 5.1GHz need 1.55v. (all over 4.9GHz is 4/4 only)

Makes me thinking if it just wont scale further with voltage so easily after that 4.9GHz point or is this cpu just that crappy afterall.

Have u seen same kind behaviour with your cpu's massman?

Edit: And im using warm water so temps wont go so high, thats why i used all cores. 2/2 didnt make any difference.

I'm not really checking for voltage scaling specifically, but I don't really see any big difference going from 1.4 to 1.5V. I assume it's related to the CPU temperature but, as said, I don't really check for scaling.

For what it's worth, I've also tested Ivy with a ROG Z68 before and I wasn't really too happy with the system. Too much crashes and cold issues. The Gene V was doing everything perfect, as well as the other six or seven Z77 boards I've tested under LN2 now. Imho, for Ivy it's best to just move on to Z77.

Yeah placed order already for msi Z77 board (MOA) and maybe one gigabyte coming soon too, just bored and wanted to test that chip :D

Maybe i will test that chip under LN2 just to be sure it isnt good one..

Nice cpu's u have there, hope that mine will do atleast that 6.5-6.6 somehow.

National holiday here, which means time for more CPU binning action. This is a L152B586 chip, does 4900 pi32M on air. Only 6380 PI-32M, so sucky-suck-trash-can. Seems to be a very hot chip too.

I think the 3204 chips are just better because the production process of IB is getting more and more optimised. Looking forward to test chips that are even newer!

5.14.297t.jpg

Next!

Alright, last of the chips tested. As said: 3204B824. Not the best with 4c8t as it needs -130°C for 6050MHz wprime stability; reasonable for PI-32M with 6500MHz. Doesn't really go higher on 1c1t. Oh well, good enough for 3DM05 I guess.

Enough testing for today. Time to switch to the Gigabyte boards for some efficient runs :D

5.09.312t.jpg

Tested the 10th and last 3770K last weekend. Another 3204B824, but only 5G on air. It did ~ 6400 PI-32M. No good, so moving on.

Fyi - tested the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H for the first time and got my first ever sub 5 minutes :). Still lots of optimizing to do, but that'll follow. The 10.70 pifast does seem quite okay efficiency-wise.

459875t.jpg

1070t.jpg