HWBOT Community Forums

Another 6.7G retail

Massman

• Crew
It's failing to boot with the 2666 divider, though. Always stuck at '51', no matter what timings (auto or C9+) or voltage.

Same here with the Gene V and BBSE and Flare, seems the max they want to do on air...

Massman likes a challenge Dino. He will try to beat you with S4, no matter what. Then tell you next week : I told you S4 was fastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BBSE go better on TRCD PJ... 8-10-8 or 8-11-8 worked here on the Gene V with 1.83Vdimm...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to S2 Bios man

Thanks for the tip, bro! Now I can't boot with DDR3-2600 divider! :celebration:

Same here with the Gene V and BBSE and Flare, seems the max they want to do on air...

Massman likes a challenge Dino. He will try to beat you with S4, no matter what. Then tell you next week : I told you S4 was fastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BBSE go better on TRCD PJ... 8-10-8 or 8-11-8 worked here on the Gene V with 1.83Vdimm...

Quickly tested with the BBSE and 8-11-8 seemed fine. But I'd prefer pushing the MHz a little higher over tightning up the subs.

FYI - the flare kit did 1333 on the Gene V a while back:

773256.jpg

• Crew

I have to check that James what she dials in if only adjusting the LB. But on the Gene V, LB is THE setting to get most ram properly working at high speed. Regarding Pi and overal bandwith boost, consider it similar to the performance level we knew on X48. The tighter you can set it, the faster everything runs... Too tight and she won't post... Haven't been able to boot below 5 above +2400Mhz

ASUS did some awesome stuff with the presets for each IC type. However I can't use most of the tight presets with my rams. Think some presets on the Gene V are way to tight and/or most of my rams just suck butt :P But it's a good start to get things dialed in faster...

Edited by Leeghoofd

Yes, afaik Latency Boundary deals with tertiary timings only. It's a set of profiles/working values.

I usually set it to the lowest which memory could take after I've done with the other timings, then try to tighten tertiary timings further from that point.

I think Shamino said LB is there just to save us time.

PS: But yeah... I might be wrong though, bought that board before 3 days :D

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

massman, looks scary fast in that screenshot (oh wait)

Thanks for the tip, bro! Now I can't boot with DDR3-2600 divider! :celebration:

have you taken the RAM out of DIMM slots since that bios flash just out of interest? There is only one difference in those bios files and it has nothing to do with RAM :S

Edited by dinos22

massman, looks scary fast in that screenshot (oh wait)

have you taken the RAM out of DIMM slots since that bios flash just out of interest? There is only one difference in those bios files and it has nothing to do with RAM :S

massman is right same problem here with UD5X F8D vs S4

Tried pretty much everything ... PSC just doesn't play nice. With the UD3H S3 bios it's the same issue: DDR3-2600 will just not boot up ('51'). Only the UD5H S4 seems to be playing nicely if you want high PSC/BBSE clocks.

To be honest, though ... I'm not entirely convinced that you need PSC or BBSE to get a competitive score in 32M. At least not on air. With a good Samsung kit, you'll get close to the performance of a good PSC/BBSE kit. Just need about 1300-1350MHz on the memory and finetune the subs.

Tried pretty much everything ... PSC just doesn't play nice. With the UD3H S3 bios it's the same issue: DDR3-2600 will just not boot up ('51'). Only the UD5H S4 seems to be playing nicely if you want high PSC/BBSE clocks.

To be honest, though ... I'm not entirely convinced that you need PSC or BBSE to get a competitive score in 32M. At least not on air. With a good Samsung kit, you'll get close to the performance of a good PSC/BBSE kit. Just need about 1300-1350MHz on the memory and finetune the subs.

when you hit code 51 hit restart button, maybe it will boot. That is what zeneffect told me he does, and he is doing pretty good with his PCS on the UD5H.

Here's the 7GHz validation. The link was removed quickly :)

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2386564

The other one is for memory validation. 4 slots populated, 4x4GB:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2385230

If you think it's not appropriate sharing these, you can delete my post (on behalf of hicookie).

Edited by I.nfraR.ed