HWBOT Community Forums

The case of the Lock-16X - What The F?

Massman

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've verified this issue with the help of Massman on MSI Z77A-GD65. Also found a temporary solution, apparently if opening ThrottleStop 4.0 in Windows makes the multiplier jump back up. Can someone please verify this on their board?

Hi boys. I have the same problem. I have used DRY ICE to overclock a 3570K. I can use the max molti 38x in the bios anf 1600MHZ strap RAM. I tried with 2600K and the same situation. With Phase Change I can get 53X with 3570K and 57X with 2600K.

What can I try to solve this problem ?

Edited by Andreat85

itd be best to tell us what other hardware you are currently using.

My config is:

MSI Z77 GD65

3570K / 2600K

2X2GB G.SKILL 1600MHZ CAS 6-8-6-24 2T

ALI CORSAIR TX750V2

HDD CRUCIAL M4

COOLING: DRY ICE in this moment, and Phase Change for the usual bench

I'm locked at 38x with multi. I have try to flash v 10.3b2 bios with ME updated anche the last v 10.6b2 but same story. Max multi on bios 38X.

How Can I do to change the ME version? I have seen that with 10.3b2 bios the ME version is always 8.0.1.1399, the same of v10.5 bios. I have flashed in DOS

Edited by Andreat85

Yesterday i flash the new ME version 1464 with the bios 10.5V but anything, same problem 38x multi max. Today I put the sytem air cooled but the mboard turn on for many seconds and than torn off. I saw the red LED DrMOS and only one LED Phases. Why? In Italy today was very very hot, 38°, 39°.

I've verified this issue with the help of Massman on MSI Z77A-GD65. Also found a temporary solution, apparently if opening ThrottleStop 4.0 in Windows makes the multiplier jump back up. Can someone please verify this on their board?

Just confirmed the solution on my board here at home. Using:

- Z77A-GD65

- Bios V10.5b3

- ThrottleStop 5.00 b1 (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/ThrottleStop.shtml)

Board boots in at 16x, enabling ThrottleStop makes it jump up to 45x (as set in BIOS).