HWBOT Community Forums

New WR freq. at 8805.6MHz

ZoLKoRn

I thought CPU-Z was updated because of how AMD chips behave?

About the video: if it's stable enough to pause and film, it ain't on the edge/ it's in no danger of crashing. If I was at 9GHz, I sure as hell wouldn't be so chilled out

Or.... the BS answer: the psychology is wrong. Break the CPU MHz WR by 500MHz and just react with "yea, whatever. I'll stop and film it" LOL really?

Edited by K404

Hm, noticed from a picture he's running the latest bios 1402, which was released to public 3 days ago.

Could it be this bios is bugged? The difference with the previous record is so big and he's still going up. 10GHz soon, anyone?

Windows 7 gadgets are happily running, while he's validating.

Yeah, I know I sound like hater, but I still can't believe it.

Wonder if he's increasing the HTref/multi in windows or directly boots with the dialed settings and doesn't touch anything while in windows. Voltage reported by cpuz is still 1.89V.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Hm, noticed from a picture he's running the latest bios 1402, which was released to public 3 days ago.

Could it be this bios is bugged? The difference with the previous record is so big and he's still going up. 10GHz soon, anyone?

Windows 7 gadgets are happily running, while he's validating.

Yeah, I know I sound like hater, but I still can't believe it.

Wonder if he's increasing the HTref/multi in windows or directly boots with the dialed settings and doesn't touch anything while in windows. Voltage reported by cpuz is still 1.89V.

You don't sound like a hater. I don't believe it either.

Isn't it a common problem that AMD efficiency bombs at high HT? Example@ Sempron wPrime runs are at 6.4GHz..... PCMark05 runs are at ~4.5GHz. Of course....there are still guys running massive MHz, so there is still an efficiency comparison

If anything, I actually agree with Dino - an attempt on another motherboard shall be made.

This is not the first case when I see Crosshair V Formula boards produce results that are not in line with reality (reality = results done on other boards). As some people probably know, me and websmile (a guy from Germany) are between the most active DDR3 binners in Europe. We have a very clear idea where the tRCD walls and MHz/volt scaling limits are for most ICs. None of us has a C5F, but the C5F results we see from fellow binners (sometimes with our ex-kits) usually greatly exceed what we thought was the max of specific kit or IC. So, for this matter, I, personally, would not recommend relying on memory overclock results made on C5F when looking for pre-binned memory (unless you're going to run a C5F as well).

I could be wrong and the board is an engineering masterpiece so, don't take me 100% seriously.

Edited by TaPaKaH

• Administrators

The several irregularities Sam mentions are true, I fully agree on that. The Crosshair 5 may be an excellent board, but it sometimes produces results that are too good to be true, and which are not reproducable. This result was widely discussed in germany as well, and efficiciency on 1M etc make it very likely this is bugged, which is disappointing, but these things happen in world of high oc

new batch, good position at waffer, luck, this all aspects can be possible...We need Andre Yangs old good one chip. His FX hit "easily" over 8500 MHz, I believe for answer from him :)

There is simply no comparison between the 2 chips. One hits 8.55Ghz, another 9.1Ghz. Difference of 600Mhz. And if you see the video, that will redefine the word 'easy' for overclockers.

we will see for next proof, maybe he will try again in superpi, if superpi run will be about 10-10.5s at 8500 MHz, I have no problem believe 9 GHz validation.

Between FX are very big diferences, at air some can hit only 4500-4550 MHz stable, but there are few over 5000 MHz stable. The same with LN2, worst of these hit only 7000-7200 MHz, the best over 8500 MHz.

we will see for next proof, maybe he will try again in superpi, if superpi run will be about 10-10.5s at 8500 MHz, I have no problem believe 9 GHz validation.

Between FX are very big diferences, at air some can hit only 4500-4550 MHz stable, but there are few over 5000 MHz stable. The same with LN2, worst of these hit only 7000-7200 MHz, the best over 8500 MHz.

How many over 8500 Mhz FX chips have you seen????