HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Afterburner Extreme - how to get it?

Massman

Lol, they're easily found if you search for them, but free range to share would be nice.

well if it's that easy than it would be nice if someone could help me out. I want to pull the trigger on a 580 lightning and 7970 lightning on ebay but I'm worried if I buy them first without abx I will be disapointed. If someone could help me that would be amazing. Even if it was just the 580 lightning. I don't want to send pm's to pepinorang since I don't have the cards yet.

I was also thinking since it seems this thread was made for the purpose of getting abx for newer cards and the thread was just updated. There must be a 980 ti lightning and 390x lightning on the way. Oh man, I can't wait.

Things like making abx more accessible would actually make me most likely go with a 980 ti lightning. It really would sway my decision a lot. A lot of the reasons why I have stuck with the recent classys is because of the software overvoltage and evbot.

Good point. I'll check that with VGA Team by tomorrow!

That would be great.

Wow, the stipulations for getting this is by far the stupidiest thing ive read on these forums.

Thought benching was meant to be encouraged here, not restricted.

Why would i bother benching sub zero if i couldnt increase volts, pointless exercise really and just a waste of ln2.

Hey, I agree, but this is by far the most forthcoming MSI has been with this, and it's a great start.

well if it's that easy than it would be nice if someone could help me out. I want to pull the trigger on a 580 lightning and 7970 lightning on ebay but I'm worried if I buy them first without abx I will be disapointed. If someone could help me that would be amazing. Even if it was just the 580 lightning. I don't want to send pm's to pepinorang since I don't have the cards yet.

I'll happily share my ABX collection if I get permission from pepinorang, but I've been able to gather these freely by searching for them, I have only ever signed for 7970 lightning.

Wow, the stipulations for getting this is by far the stupidiest thing ive read on these forums.

Thought benching was meant to be encouraged here, not restricted.

Why would i bother benching sub zero if i couldnt increase volts, pointless exercise really and just a waste of ln2.

Fairly certain im old enough to decide whether or not i want to overvolt my gpu, cpu or memory.

Since others have already answered for me, I'll just quote this:

No one is saying you have to bench lighting cards

Just bench a 5870 ref and use abx1.5 xtrem can set 1.6v and abx 1.5 can be found easy with Google

This:

I think the point is for MSI to cover their own backside and to make sure that the people who have access to the software know what they're doing and are not some randomer who's just discovered OC and wants to see how far he can get by pushing 1.8 volts through his new shiny 290x lightning and quickly brick it.

I don't see the issue in just asking politely and waiting for a reply.

And this:

I think it also has to do something with AMD or Nvidia because they don't officially support overvoltage. If they don't make it publicly available, it might be less of a problem to them.

Sorry if you feel the rules are discouraging, they are not meant to be. It's never perfect, but at least MSI try to offer something.

Sure, if it was allowed we would just bundle the software with our cards... :)

Edited by pepinorang

I'm afraid we'll have to wait just a little bit more. :(

VGA Team had some event this week so I wasn't able to reach them out.

I hope today, tomorrow or at very least next week I can provide you their answer.

@L0ud_sil3nc3 thanks man, I appreciate!

@Leeghoofd waiting for you at Computex :P

• 2 weeks later...

Guys sorry, I didn't forgot about this or the ABX requests received in MP but the contact windows for ABX were absent last week.

They just replied to me this morning that they will push developer for ABX requests.

Concerning sharing afterburner for the EOL cards they will discuss it internally and get back to me asap, but with Computex it might take some time, everyone is crazy busy here. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Hey pepinorang, I have been running DICE on a GTX 670, It cools down before and after the Bench. While running Benches, I've seen 27c is this normal? Also I would like to request ABX latest verson. Techjesse

PM sent

27c if full load isn't that bad for Dice given I had a 780 which I used a tek9 slim and Dice and it would reach 40-50c which taught me not to use a slim with Dice

I have 1 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216, two MSI 580 Lightnings, 3 Galaxy GTX 670's 67NPH6DV6KXZ and 4 PowerColor TurboDuo AXR9 280X 3GBD5-T2DHE/OC with water blocks. One Sub-Zero GPU pot :) Yes, I understand the voltage regulator = Moar juice = Moar points. :) YEAH! = Victory

They will run 1300

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5297668

Edited by techjesse