HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Afterburner Extreme - how to get it?

Massman

It has been almost 2 months, this is nuts!

While I do understand your frustration, please understand that the people sharing the tools do this as a favor to other community members. No one "owes" you the software ... :)

Anyway, I see the oldies are available in the post above me :)

MSI has officially granted the permission to HWBOT to share Afterburner Extreme, ONLY for "old models no longer under warranty" :)

Whereabouts would that be up to? I have ABX 2.3.0 and 300Beta14, but these are in mine and a friends user names, and so I'm not sure whereabouts the line stops with regards to sharing these.

If you could clarify this point Pepi, that'd be awesome and I'll load them.

I have a listing on what card works with which software as well but do you have a master sheet?

and obviously, if you have some that I dont have here, can you share? haha

I would assume that anything that's not on this page is EOL: http://www.msi.com/product/graphics-card/.

A mastersheet would be awesome too. I have some emails I can dig through!

MSI has officially granted the permission to HWBOT to share Afterburner Extreme, ONLY for "old models no longer under warranty" :)

Awesome. You have a couple of free mojito's incoming :celebration: :celebration:

Here is the VGA list for which HWBOT can freely share ABX.

NVIDIA

- N260GTX Lightning

- N275GTX Lightning

- N460GTX Hawk

- N480GTX Lightning

- N560GTX-Ti Hawk

- N580GTX Lightning

- N660GTX Hawk

- N680GTX Lightning

AMD:

- R5770 Hawk

- R5870 Lightning

- R6870 Hawk

- R6970 Lightning

- R7870 Hawk

- R7970 Lightning

I don't know which version belong to which card and I think it will be pretty hard to ask to VGA dept. (English > Chinese communication can be hard sometimes) but we might have a better solution incoming... :)

EDIT: @Massman Patricia is not there this week-end :celebration:

Edited by pepinorang

Here is the VGA list for which HWBOT can freely share ABX.

NVIDIA

- N260GTX Lightning

- N460GTX Hawk

- N480GTX Lightning

- N560GTX-Ti Hawk

- N580GTX Lightning

- N660GTX Hawk

- N680GTX Lightning

AMD:

- R5770 Hawk

- R5870 Lightning

- R6870 Hawk

- R6970 Lightning

- R7870 Hawk

- R7970 Lightning

I don't know which version belong to which card and I think it will be pretty hard to ask to VGA dept. (English > Chinese communication can be hard sometimes) but we might have a better solution incoming... :)

EDIT: @Massman Patricia is not there this week-end :celebration:

275 Lightning, as well, though I think that used Voltera so other apps worked fine.

wow that's amazing. thank you very much for your help on this. between the new way to apply and having access to older versions, these things help so much.

275 Lightning, as well, though I think that used Voltera so other apps worked fine.

Forgot that one, I'll had it to the list!

R7970 Lightning be ? Version afterburmer extreme ?

Same than R7970 "normal edition" ;)

wow that's amazing. thank you very much for your help on this. between the new way to apply and having access to older versions, these things help so much.

Check your mails mate ;)

Edited by pepinorang

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EDIT: Due to a recent particular ABX issue with Guru3D, I personally chosen to not help on Afterburner Extreme requests anymore.

I saw a gap of communication between MSI and overclockers to get ABX and had personally decided to help the community by forwarding ABX demands to MSI VGA dept. which is not related to my own job in MB dept.

After all this mess with Guru3D, I see no reason to get involved in such troubles anymore.

So, please don't send me ABX requests or ask for contacts in MSI VGA dept. anymore, I can't help.

For everything MSI MB, I'm still your man.

Edited by pepinorang