HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Afterburner Extreme - how to get it?

Massman

• 2 weeks later...
I'd send a message to those posting LN2 scores with the 980 TI Lightning and ask who they spoke with to get ABX. All this MSI drama is special and is doing nothing but hurting them. It's bad enough that the 980 TI Lightning doesn't even compete in the same league as the 980 TI Kingpin......

I doubt this is going to happen.

He has no VGA submission at all and I also doubt they are allowed to share their contact.

However, what makes you assume it does not even compete in the same league ? Wait and see man...

EDIT: It's VERY easy to use EVC on any Lightning for anyone smart ;)

Edited by pepinorang

EDIT: It's VERY easy to use EVC for anyone smart ;)

It's even easier to use http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=337193&postcount=77 although the address range is more like 00460000 to 00480000 in the latest version and offset volts are in mv such +100mv has a value of 100

Also it should work for any amd cards that voltage control in AB and lightning and hawk nvidia cards should work also if the bios allows

Not going to happen.

He has no VGA submission at all and I doubt they are allowed to share their contact.

However, not that I care but what makes you assume it does not even compete in the same league ? Wait and see man...

EDIT: It's VERY easy to use EVC for anyone smart ;)

We can definitely say it won't have the same support, at the least. As it stands now, KPE rules the rankings. We'll have to see how it all lands but it has one hell of a hurdle to clear.

We can definitely say it won't have the same support, at the least. As it stands now, KPE rules the rankings. We'll have to see how it all lands but it has one hell of a hurdle to clear.

Well, agreed on support but I'm not worried for the rankings. Once again, wait and see...

EDIT: Look what you did me do, I'm defending them now :P

Edited by pepinorang

It's not all voltage control which makes the KPE "better". I'm pretty sure some people will miss the memory heater, or find it at least inconvenient to have to use a hairdryer to keep the memory from bugging.

As for Sparks.nl, he is in my team and I talked about this problem and we're working on a solution atm(with MSI).

I'm pretty sure tho he doesn't want to use an EVC (I have one). It's just not the same :P

It's not all voltage control which makes the KPE "better". I'm pretty sure some people will miss the memory heater, or find it at least inconvenient to have to use a hairdryer to keep the memory from bugging.

As for Sparks.nl, he is in my team and I talked about this problem and we're working on a solution atm(with MSI).

I'm pretty sure tho he doesn't want to use an EVC (I have one). It's just not the same :P

By EVC do you mean external voltage control?

Is that the MSI PCB thing I keep seeing in pictures, or is that the thing Elmor made? I thought that wasn't available to the public?

Edited by Lays

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just a small tip that might help some of you.

Download Rbby258 from here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1398725/unlock-afterburner-limits-on-lots-of-cards-some-with-llc-one-tool-for-all-ab-versions

install AB 4.1.1 (the addressed given will work only with this version of AB).

Use guide to add the following values to make it work.

AB 4.1.1

47211C

47211C is the address for vGPU

472150 is the address for vMEM

472184 is the address for vPLL

Hey, just a small tip that might help some of you.

Download Rbby258 from here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1398725/unlock-afterburner-limits-on-lots-of-cards-some-with-llc-one-tool-for-all-ab-versions

install AB 4.1.1 (the addressed given will work only with this version of AB).

Use guide to add the following values to make it work.

AB 4.1.1

47211C

47211C is the address for vGPU

472150 is the address for vMEM

472184 is the address for vPLL

It's basically the same method I already said something about just a different memory editor :/

• 7 months later...
he is not the one to contact right now. Im not sure who the new contact is, if one even exists. What card do you need it for?

The old and new official way -> Get in touch with local office.

Also @Massman, could you please upload first page?

I have received more or less 50 mp for ABX since the Guru3D issue. Thanks! :)

Can I get it as well?

I don't have a MSI card at the moment (sold my 7970 Lightning), but you never know.

And we don't have a local rep.

I've tried to contact some rep in EU several times in the past and either get no answer, or something like "download the regular version from our website".