HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 - SC6: "PCMark05 xCore" thread.

teurorist

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
are we allowed to run a unlocked dual core ( that unlocks into a quad core ) as a tri core ? i noticed one of the teams doing it :)

Can always unlock and compete in a higher weight class - can't disable cores and compete in a lower weight class. Refer to pcm05 rankings for tri core. Also for 5 core. Lots of unlocked results there.

nah there are so many guys using 4x unlocked cpus and removing a a core a doubt it will be fair now to report them

Report it, I haven't seen that, but that's what I do when I see people making mistakes with submissions on my own team. There are only a handful of people with incorrect tri core submissions... It was a few months ago when I was doing pcm05 tricore globals, and i reported a lot of erroneous submissions from people who didn't know better.

otherwise if you are too lazy to provide proof, dont make accusations. Really, you didn't know the rules until I explained them to you... I doubt you are correct in what you are saying. For instance, a 555be that unlocks to 4 cores can legally be submitted as 2x, 3x, and 4x. If there is a problem, let's see it.

nah there are so many guys using 4x unlocked cpus and removing a a core a doubt it will be fair now to report them

I'm not seeing it either? Unless you are referring to the AMD Phenom II X4 B55 submissions?

When the X2 555 is unlocked, it becomes the X4 B55. But as I.M.O.G. stated, unless you are going to come up with the proof, don't make the accusations.

There are several ways to unlock a CPU to 3x. I think some ASUS boards can do that directly if the 4th core isn't stable at all, but usually you have to unlock to 4x and then disable one core in BIOS. Both ways are definately legal.

So what do the experts think about the VAPOR scores ? His Virusscan is insane, Gen HDD usage pretty high too. And that all accomplished with just 2 SSD's in RAID and no other soft ?

Bugged, if not ramdrive. Only areca ramcache or hardware ramdrive do gen usage like that.

Virus scan is high, but certain drive setups and firmware yield extra high virus scan. Dunno about that high.

Gen usage is the one hard to fake. Virus scan can get crazy.

I've done gen usage like that, but with $2500 worth of storage.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Thanks Christian. I also bencht before onboard, Virus scan 2g is possible, but 3g on single core and 5g on multicore isnt possible.

So i think this is cheating, and gen usage on onboard also cant so high.

I hope, that there are consequences for him, we all want to reach top, but only with fairplay:)

Thanks Christian. I also bencht before onboard, Virus scan 2g is possible, but 3g on single core and 5g on multicore isnt possible.

So i think this is cheating, and gen usage on onboard also cant so high.

I hope, that there are consequences for him, we all want to reach top, but only with fairplay:)

It's not that different than the crazy audio/video encoding scores and no one has complained about those yet (rules say no replacing codecs - are they replacig codecs?). A 6.1 ivy does 10k in each with basic codec setting tweaks. I hope no one gets in trouble for pcmark submissions. It is so hard to tell what is legal and what isn't.

The whole "no tricking the benchmark to make it believe it ran faster" rule also doesnt apply to pcm05 - memory latency scores when tweaked disrupt the measurement.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

You'll want to test different cluster sizes when formatting the drives, and for the RAID stripe sector size. I've seen a teammate do extra large scores in virus scan that way, same as the submisions in question... That was some time ago, my teammate didn't submit them because he didn't want to bother with the questions/criticism because it looks bugged. Changing cluster sizes shouldn't have that sort of effect, but when using it with the amd storage manager for some reason it can do that.

Edited by I.M.O.G.