HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2012 - SC6: "PCMark05 xCore" thread.

teurorist

I think we should be consistent. We don't question text edit and TW scores that are crazy high, we just "assume" they're OK based on trust (it looks that way to me, at least). Vapor's word is just as good as Pro, CherV, Stevero's - or the rest of that bunch of crazy guys, so if we can trust them when they say their tweaks are legit (without proof), then we have to trust Vapor as well.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it can be done on two SSD's without any 3rd party non legit software... cool...

Yes but its a bug that tricks the software into thinking it ran faster than it did. It doesn't actually produce higher results in ANYTING, except PCM05, because it bugs out on a setting which has nothing to do with actual performance.

But then, nothing in PCM05 has anything to do with actual performance anymore, which is why only a handful of people bother running it anymore.

I shouldn't have said anything about the settings I mentioned, because that same handful of people will use it, despite it being a bug, and everyone will clamor over how great the scores are. Certain drivers and firmware have the same result, they bug out PCM05.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Yes but its a bug that tricks the software into thinking it ran faster than it did. It doesn't actually produce higher results in ANYTING, except PCM05, because it bugs out on a setting which has nothing to do with actual performance.

But then, nothing in PCM05 has anything to do with actual performance anymore, which is why only a handful of people bother running it anymore.

THIS. Favorite bench is ruined :(

If so, why can't 4+ core categories be merged?

They should be in my opinion.

However I assume its more complicated than that, because multigpu categories should also be merged. Scores go down with more gpus in various 3d tests.

EDIT: To be exact...

Covering the 3d tests divided by GPU count:

Doesn't scale beyond 1x GPUs and shouldn't have globals in 2x-4x: 3d01, 3d05, aquamark, 3d06

Doesn't scale with anything beyond 2x GPUs and shouldn't have globals in 3x-4x: 3d03

Doesn't scale with anything beyond 3x GPUs and shouldn't have globals in 4x: Unigine Heaven

Scales with 4x and should have globals in 1x-4x: Vantage, 3d11

Covering the 3d tests divided by core count:

Doesn't scale with anything beyond 4x cores and shouldn't have globals in anything higher: PCM05

Doesn't scale (really) with anything beyond 12x cores and shouldn't have globals in anything higher: wprime32m, wprime1024m

Scales on everything: UCBench2011 (still doesn't award any globals)

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Does the firmware/driver trick the benchmark or is it just boosting the one thing the benchmark is designed to test for?

Areca has onboard cache, usually as a stick of RAM.

I don't see any difference, really. The Areca cache and the controller communicate on the same PCB, same as this controller - the only real difference is that the cache of the onboard raid controller is also used by other apps, as that cache also happens to be the system memory.

Seems to be no difference between 1 ssd and several acards, no scalling ( or very minimal ) with ram frequency or ddr type either. Would call it a bug but still.. No different to any other 'tweaks'.

ATTO would go bonkers if it were normal ram cache.

Edited by El Gappo