HWBOT Community Forums

TridentX + Z77X-UD5H: Set TRRD=7

Leeghoofd

Hopefully the UD3H gets the fix soon, it was a nightmare trying to get c7 Flares to boot at 2600c8 with tight subs, I had to use the 2400 divider and then raise bclk to get there because the 2600 divider was a no go. Plus profiles are beyond broken, at least once you save them they are.

didnt Zeneffect send you that board and RAM pretested at 2600? He had no issues with that specific hardware, how come you had a nightmare OCing them :D

didnt Zeneffect send you that board and RAM pretested at 2600? He had no issues with that specific hardware, how come you had a nightmare OCing them :D

yup and the profile he saved would not boot with the exact hardware he tested with.

1.4 vcore

1.215 vccio

1.125 vccsa

1.795 cpu pll

the only difference is that I used a different chip (weaker IMC)

I tried higher and lower vcore, vccio and vccsa along with cpu pll to no avail, to be honest this chip could just be that bad.

plus his profile for some reason had vdimm set at 1.97v and he told me he has never used that type of voltage, coupled with the fact that I saw 200 bclk (9ghz screen:D) in Windows under cpuz, but that is probably a cpuz bug.

this was on bios F9.

ps I also tried a few different kits of memory, not just the Flares and all kits can do 2600 no problems on other boards.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

• Crew
so you messed up a simple BIOS flash?

Zeneffect said that his flares kit now is much easier to work with with this BIOS. I would say things that mattered where made better, you obsession with wanting timings that are to tight to be loosened is just a tad odd. IDK anyone other than you who refuses to load modern XMP profiles.

Sometimes it will be better to post nothing then these types of comments due to your affiliation with a certain brand dude... sometimes posting these things will do more harm then what you think. Do you care ? Then plz don't treat us in this manner, as this will backfire in the long end...

I just adressed what to me feels as an issue and a lot of end users experienced the same thing with older ram on the GB boards (so plz don't talk about XMP profiles). We provided a workaround with the 3 looser timing settings. PJ even showed it to Hicookie in Paris. If you are too stubborn or too proud to let these settings be adjusted, well that's then darn good for you...

I just tell you a lot of end users ( not OCers hunting down records or knowing their way in the bios ) prefer other brands just due to the easy nature of their biosses... You want to increase sales ? Then make the biosses more forgiving at boot...

Edited by Leeghoofd

hey loud it could be bad IMC but maybe it's contact issue also!!!

clean the memory gold fingers with electric contact cleaner spray as well as CPU pad and CPU socket. Clean DIMM slots too with it and try one stick at a time and try reinserting if it doesnt pick it up or let you OC to the max the first time

hey loud it could be bad IMC but maybe it's contact issue also!!!

clean the memory gold fingers with electric contact cleaner spray as well as CPU pad and CPU socket. Clean DIMM slots too with it and try one stick at a time and try reinserting if it doesnt pick it up or let you OC to the max the first time

I was thinking the same thing, I usually try to wipe any excess vaseline off the memory and definitely use the heat gun over the dimm slots to warm up any excess vaseline.

however the UD3H has no vaseline on it, or Zen did an incredible job cleaning it off:p

thanks again man, I will give everything a thorough cleaning, and give it another shot when I fill up on Monday.

George,

I did an incredible job cleaning off the Vaseline. :)

The profiles will get corrupted (I think on UD3 profiles 1 and 2 are corrupted. The last one is ok iirc) when you fail the OC then spam clear cmos trying to recover.

@dino

James isnt the only one with bread crumbs. Sandwiches are popular world wide. Im guilty of using my motherboard as a plate sometimes. food > benching > sleep.

UD3 can be a PITA with PSC memory with a weak IMC. I had profiles saved on there for 2600 boots every time but they may have gotten corrupted (1.97v is crazy. I have no idea where that came from) When I dont have problems... it means everybody else does. When everybody else has no problems, that means that only I have issues... story of my life. Just be patient George, I'm fairly confident that the sammy fix bios will make things work well for you. If you want to, we can trade out that UD3 for a UD5. I can pre-test the bios for you as I still have alot of different PSC left over here.

*edit*

2666 is unstable with 32m F6X UP5

2600 is unstable with 32m F6X UP5

both tested on flares. Ive gotten 2600 stable with F5b and F5x. It I can boot higher now and alot easier, I lost some stability. checking gtl, mem tweakit, and cpu-tweaker, the settings look the same. Hopefully next bios revision will correct this :(

Edited by zeneffect

Sometimes it will be better to post nothing then these types of comments due to your affiliation with a certain brand dude... sometimes posting these things will do more harm then what you think. Do you care ? Then plz don't treat us in this manner, as this will backfire in the long end...

I just adressed what to me feels as an issue and a lot of end users experienced the same thing with older ram on the GB boards (so plz don't talk about XMP profiles). We provided a workaround with the 3 looser timing settings. PJ even showed it to Hicookie in Paris. If you are too stubborn or too proud to let these settings be adjusted, well that's then darn good for you...

I just tell you a lot of end users ( not OCers hunting down records or knowing their way in the bios ) prefer other brands just due to the easy nature of their biosses... You want to increase sales ? Then make the biosses more forgiving at boot...

What the f**k is my affiliation with GB that is different than yours?

Edited by sin0822

George,

I did an incredible job cleaning off the Vaseline. :)

The profiles will get corrupted (I think on UD3 profiles 1 and 2 are corrupted. The last one is ok iirc) when you fail the OC then spam clear cmos trying to recover.

@dino

James isnt the only one with bread crumbs. Sandwiches are popular world wide. Im guilty of using my motherboard as a plate sometimes. food > benching > sleep.

UD3 can be a PITA with PSC memory with a weak IMC. I had profiles saved on there for 2600 boots every time but they may have gotten corrupted (1.97v is crazy. I have no idea where that came from) When I dont have problems... it means everybody else does. When everybody else has no problems, that means that only I have issues... story of my life. Just be patient George, I'm fairly confident that the sammy fix bios will make things work well for you. If you want to, we can trade out that UD3 for a UD5. I can pre-test the bios for you as I still have alot of different PSC left over here.

*edit*

2666 is unstable with 32m F6X UP5

2600 is unstable with 32m F6X UP5

both tested on flares. Ive gotten 2600 stable with F5b and F5x. It I can boot higher now and alot easier, I lost some stability. checking gtl, mem tweakit, and cpu-tweaker, the settings look the same. Hopefully next bios revision will correct this :(

No worries I am sure they will resolve it in a bios update, however in the meantime I have other boards to play with.

so F6X lost the ability to run 32m at 2600?

so you would stick with F5B for the UD5H/UP5?

• Crew

@Sin

Plz load the XMP 2600 profile for eg the Flare kit... good luck ! You want to help these boards to evolve or stand still ?

Secondly I never said you are paied by Gigabyte, people just link you to them as you are everywhere concerning help threads and co ( kuddos to you )... good advice: just be carefull what you preach and stop using the F word. We are all adults, no need for that temper mode at all...

Edited by Leeghoofd

I just want to say this isn't a final release, it was just provided to me to test out to make sure samsung and some of the other things i complained about were fixed, i think they will just incorporate these fixes into future BIOSes. All i am trying to say is what i said in the first post of mine in this thread, I cannot recommend changes that will affect the performance of these boards because i don't work for gigabyte.

F6X is just to confirm a fix, it isn't a beta release. it was literally complied and sent to me like minutes after it was compiled. i was hesitant to put it online for this reason, but I had to go ahead to post it and I wanted to see if it fixed the samsung issue for many people.

I was also told this:

That this BIOS for UP5 requires a bit more tuning than before for 2-DIMM at 2600 than for 4-DIMM. At least with samsung, the same might be for the flares. I would try changing the stability level to like both 4s or both 5s, or even try 14s or 25s. Once hicookie told me that some kits with higher frequency require that change int he stability level, but it differs per kit and to find out you have ot try all levels, which i think is a pain.

Now leeghoofd, if you load the XMp and it wont work at all, then that is a problem i can report to be fixed, but from what i am seeing that isn't what you reported as a problem, you are reporting that without XMP it isn't working.

Edited by sin0822

• Crew

My report here is when you dial in old rams and just set manually the main timings : no boot, yet this boots on other brands. A too tight timing set is NOT an efficiency tweak, it's against any logic. It's not that the competitors put in tRSSR 7 or such...

Secondly why are the timing readouts borked in the bios ? Why even show them ? Confusing way of approaching things...

That's all this entire thread is about, it's not about loading or not loading XMP profiles ( as the BBSE and rams we prefer for benching don't have profiles for Ivy high clocks ). It's what works on other boards but doesn't work on GB boards... Why not fix it ? Beats me...

Next objective 16Gb 2666C10 as this is doing my head in ( again ) and this time with XMP profile :P

Edited by Leeghoofd

Now leeghoofd, if you load the XMp and it wont work at all, then that is a problem i can report to be fixed, but from what i am seeing that isn't what you reported as a problem, you are reporting that without XMP it isn't working.

You do realize that the G.Skill Flares XMP is 2000 7-9-7-24 right? We are talking about 2 dimms at 2600mhz correct?

just making sure we are on the same page.

Okay. if you have issues with XMP you can email me and I will send the data so that it can be fixed. Otherwise if the Samsung issue is fixed then the F6X and F10X have done their jobs, your other issue might be fixed soon, but obviously this BIOS wasn't meant to deal with that.

• Crew

How about from 2600 divider on Trrd 7 - tRRSR & tWWSR 6, this should allow most dimms to boot if they can make it and the CPU IMC can handle it... tweakers can tweak later on...

It's weird at 2400 if I recall correct the bios sets 5, which boots also for me at 2600 if manually set. Yet if I leave it to auto the board must set 4 or such and hinders it from posting... 6 should be a safe setting. I honestly think the bios engineers made an error there...

Atm investigating why the 16GB 2666 doesn't work, comparing timings with the ROG board, can only boot at 2400mhz ( with XMP profile loaded wtf )

Edited by Leeghoofd