HWBOT Community Forums

gulftown ES vs Retail

diezel

Everyone knows that the es cpu''s better than the retail.

that's very unfortunate for the league on hwbot.

but the ES have also other cpu speeds 3.07 mhz and 2.04mhz the retail will be 3.33ghz

how solves hwbot that ?

sorry for me bad engels

Edited by diezel

@Massman,

that's ****bull and you know it. if you are so lucky that you buy that GPU than you desurve it. but not everybody can get his hands on a GOOD es. so it's unfair to me!

If you use this kind of offensive language, I'm not even interested in your opinion. Voice your opinion in a decent manner or don't do it at all.

That being said, what if I didn't buy the graphics card and just had plain luck with one sample? Still fair? Also, what's the difference between someone being able to buy a golden retail or a golden es sample.

I think it's wiser to wait for a couple ( well... I mean 30-50 ) retail 980X get tested on LN2 and then if there's a huge discrepancy between the Q3FE E.S. that were hitting 6.4GHz + and the retail 980X's hitting 6.1 - 6.2GHz at most, I'd rule out the Gulftown E.S. off HWbot's ranked results ( by ranked results I mean the results awarded with points & hwpoints )

What is the exact line then? 200MHz on average? 200MHz maximum? 100MHz maybe?

And what if all people who have a crazy ES just wait from submitting the high-clock scores? Retail = 6GHz, so cut-off = 6.1GHz ... ES can do 6.5GHz, but people just run at 6.1GHz. The best retail compete with an easy clocked ES.

i think ES is for reviewing only .it is not for sell in any store !! .(as the most people had also voted on hwbot v1)

if not why not make a separate HW category for ES cpu's thats fair

i think ES rules OC world on hwbot thats not fair . it is not for sell in any store get my point !

I mean this good in relation to fair play overclocking

Edited by diezel

200MHz isn't really that much, it's 3% more CPU speed. IMO that the first batches are worse than the Q3FE chips isn't enough to block those ES chips from receiving boints. If nothing comes closer than 200MHz after a couple of months and a whole bunch of batches have been clocked to death, then it's time to discuss this perhaps.

200MHz isn't really that much, it's 3% more CPU speed. IMO that the first batches are worse than the Q3FE chips isn't enough to block those ES chips from receiving boints. If nothing comes closer than 200MHz after a couple of months and a whole bunch of batches have been clocked to death, then it's time to discuss this perhaps.

Quote from xs

RevA0 is far superior to RevB0 much like with i7-975's,

I know of someone who has both Q3QP, Q3FE, Q3VG + Q4EG and by his results under LN2 the best performing is by far the Q3FE (6.5-6.6GHz) then Q3QP (6.4GHz) then Q3VG (6.2GHz) and finally Q4EG (6.1GHz) it may not seem like a lot but there are worl records to be had

Quote knopflerbruce .

Originally Posted by knopflerbruce

If the stock speed is different there should be a separate HW category for those chips, as the specs don't match the 3.33GHz ones.

the specs don't match the 3.33GHz ones that rest me point

Edited by diezel

Quote from xs

RevA0 is far superior to RevB0 much like with i7-975's,

I know of someone who has both Q3QP, Q3FE, Q3VG + Q4EG and by his results under LN2 the best performing is by far the Q3FE (6.5-6.6GHz) then Q3QP (6.4GHz) then Q3VG (6.2GHz) and finally Q4EG (6.1GHz) it may not seem like a lot but there are worl records to be had

Quote knopflerbruce .

Originally Posted by knopflerbruce

If the stock speed is different there should be a separate HW category for those chips, as the specs don't match the 3.33GHz ones.

that rest me point

The last of my statements you quoted was about hardware categories, not globals. 2.4GHz stock != 3.07GHz stock != 3.33GHz stock.

It has been used in the past to argument about the local sales. Some products can only be bought in the US or Russia and apparently it's okay to use eBay as argument then. Why not in this discussion?

i think e-bay is not a store but you gan use eBay as argument no problem

i am not looking for a fight i am looking for fair play overclocking on HWBOT ES vs RETAIL

make a vote among the people on HWBOT the people who posted scores on HWBOT

and see what the vote ES vs RETAIL thats fair ....

Edited by diezel

The difference is more than 200MHz, as there are some Q3FEs ( don't know in whose hands most of them are nowadays, but I know a few people who had/have 6.6GHz Pi1M gulftown ESs, 6.5GHz easy 3D & Pi32M, 6.4GHz all 3D, etc ).

I refuse to believe that a very newer revision will clock worse than those early ES revisions ( unless Intel really went out of their road and headed to the mt. Everest cherrypicking those "few" golden Q3FEs ).

If nobody manages to get a retail 980X ( on his own, not by somebody who knows someone who knows someone whose cousin works for Intel :P ) that benches Pi1M at 6.3-6.4GHz then I think we might have to exclude the ESs.

Patience is a virtue, so IMHO we should wait a bit and see.

I'm waiting for the launch to get one or two CPUs to play with.