HWBOT Community Forums

Raspberry Pi OC ?

Dreadlockyx

ah, hmm, DHCP right? With Raspbian I got it more or less working without much hassle.

Me, I'm fine, thanks for asking :) I'm still in Portugal for a few more weeks, enjoying the sun, beaches, good food and nice parties off course ;) Since I started my school carrier again I haven't been fooling around with hardware anymore. Well... not in a way of making it faster... But one never looses the thrill of playing around with hardware right :) It's nice to see you're still doing this hwbot thing, I never expected OC to stay so successful, muito fixe ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

offtopic, but: what kind of IDE are you using? In Netbeans I can't properly import the source files without manually creating each file and copying its content.

I'm using eclipse with the m2e plugin. Import -> as existing maven project -> done.

Building from command is simple if you have maven installed: mvn clean install

FYI, there a security module that's not in git. You'll be able to build and run the benchmark, but won't be able to submit to the hwbot production server.

hah, yeah, I could already imagine that would not be a smart thing to do, adding that to the git :)

Well I managed to get it working in netbeans, I don't know exactly where to put the C codes but the program functions without so it seems, I only have the .so file in the same directory as the jar file I build through netbeans.

Anyway, looking at the code gives me more questions than was hoping for. I don't really understand for example why you use the return statements in the constructor like you do in the following line of code:

@Override
   public Benchmark instantiateBenchmark() {
       BenchmarkConfiguration configuration = new BenchmarkConfiguration();
       configuration.setValue(PrimeBenchmark.TIME_SPAN, TimeUnit.SECONDS.toMillis(10));
       configuration.setValue(PrimeBenchmark.SILENT, false);
       return new PrimeBenchmark(configuration, super.availableProcessors, super.progressBar);
   }

The ThreadFactory is also something I haven't read upon yet, until now I was always manually creating threads and executing them through calling the start() method. Hmmm, inspiring :)