HWBOT Community Forums

MSI Z77 MPower

oc_windforce

I don't vas under those sinks, no vas over the mos. It benched fine for 4 hours the day before and then two hours into the next day it let go. First board I have had die like this and I benched a gd65 last year. Gd65 felt fairly solid, but this board with its mem issues was nothing but a pain to bench. I don't think I'll need to do another round of benching on msi before haswell but if I do it will be with gd65, not mpower.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hí Loud. I have similar problem as you, my BBSE is not as stable as on asus or gigabyte and I often have not exact in round or even instant black screen when running 32m. Samsung works ok but still not really good stability.

961815.jpg

This is my best 5G time so far, but after that - 55 code on boot (wasted at least 5L ln2 trying 32m)

Same here, 2450 bbse 8-10-7 unstable, even 8-12-8 not exact.

Samsung 2709mhz 9-12-12 pass but took 2v lol and was verrry slow, seems 2600 divider is 2 seconds behind 2400 and some bclk on my end.

Vaseline is fine on the mpower :P just dont put the VRM cooler back on, that thing is an ice magnet. Run it raw no protection baby :D

EDIT:

Getting stronger, just cant give up :)

eHJFjw3.jpg

Edited by Splave

Have you tried it in another board to verify this behavior?

No, you are right.. I should test with Up4 but what the hell, I need it on MPower lol. The 3770k worked just fine, pop 3570k back and still > 1.65 vcore = black screen when IMC is loaded.

It can do 5,65 GHz 32m at 1.61 Vcore loaded (-55 C) so it's not a bad cpu really. But if it doesn't scale, what is it worth :confused:

No, you are right.. I should test with Up4 but what the hell, I need it on MPower lol. The 3770k worked just fine, pop 3570k back and still > 1.65 vcore = black screen when IMC is loaded.

It can do 5,65 GHz 32m at 1.61 Vcore loaded (-55 C) so it's not a bad cpu really. But if it doesn't scale, what is it worth :confused:

Forget Your UP4. I had it, was totally crap for mem clocking and LN2 Benching;)

Forget Your UP4. I had it, was totally crap for mem clocking and LN2 Benching;)

I disagree, it has been working good even on ln2. Sub 6m 20 sec on 5GHz too. Ram clocking, yes probably asus or asrock formula is better.

^ try raising in OS and booting slow

thanks, I will try this. Currently I have very clean Xp with no IME or dotnet so have to boot with max clock.

• 7 months later...
Guest barbonenet

hi guys.....i have more problem with my mpower and gtx 780 lightining! how can i force PCI-E GEN2 ???(i already set pci-e gen3 Disable) i use bios 17.12, the lastest......and some time my pci-ex go to 1x 2x, and performance is very ridicules!!!! How can help me?????please

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, for some reason I change the bus in the bios but it does not change on the operating system, and memories do not change to. I tried BIOS 17.6 and BIOS 17.12.the cpu is 3570k L1/E1 , memorys geil evo 2 cl10 2400. For some reason after I burn the BIOS I can not install ME.

Where am I wrong or what I should do?

Guest barbonenet

Try to reflash bios! On bios there is a setting to change multi in os! This must to be enable for overclockinh in os