HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE H55/H57 IGP OC Challenge thread.

Xtreme_Solid

Yes but I see only "creating shaders",etc with blue colors no picture nothing only informations.

Most probably you have already tested 1985 drivers Massman. If you havenot tested test it under 32 bit vista

If you say yes this is legal tweak than lets play with 1995.

But this is like mipmap tweak of 3d01

Okay. Just ordered a Clarkdale and check for myself.

TO ALL COMPETITORS: Please run your tests using normal drivers / normal FPS as well. If there's indeed a major screen corruption going on, the driver/scores will probably get removed. I'll try to get it sorted before the weekend!

Okay. Just ordered a Clarkdale and check for myself.

TO ALL COMPETITORS: Please run your tests using normal drivers / normal FPS as well. If there's indeed a major screen corruption going on, the driver/scores will probably get removed. I'll try to get it sorted before the weekend!

By normal drivers I assume you mean anything other than 1995...very well. What does normal fps mean? This contest just invites glitches in one manner or another.

By normal drivers I assume you mean anything other than 1995...very well. What does normal fps mean? This contest just invites glitches in one manner or another.

No competition invites glitches, I'm just happy Tosun notified us that something bizar was going on.

Can someone please confirm that the 1995 driver in combination with Vista 32-bit is buggy and produces out of the norm results?

No competition invites glitches, I'm just happy Tosun notified us that something bizar was going on.

Can someone please confirm that the 1995 driver in combination with Vista 32-bit is buggy and produces out of the norm results?

Yes the screen is distorted during the first two tests...normal in the cpu tests. 1995 driver in Vista 64 is normal. Only way I see you can rectify is to specify what OS and driver is to be used. What exactly is normal results anyway?

We are all operating far outside the parameters of this tech...someone needs to define the parameters if the results are not acceptable. :)

Edited by rickss69

Yes the screen is distorted during the first two tests...normal in the cpu tests. 1995 driver in Vista 64 is normal. Only way I see you can rectify is to specify what OS and driver is to be used. What exactly is normal results anyway?

Drivers causing parts of the benchmark not to be rendered is not a 'normal driver'. We can debate semantics and philosophize about the meaning en effect of the word and concept of 'normal' all we want, in the end it's pretty clear that a driver causing your score to boost over 40% (with clear inaccurate rendering) is not meant to be part of an overclocking competition.

1995 driver in combination with Vista 32-bit is no longer allowed in the competition. The scores have been removed.

Still have a fortnight to re-run using the non-bug drivers.

We are all operating far outside the parameters of this tech...someone needs to define the parameters if the results are not acceptable. :)

At the moment we have to rely on the input of overclockers on these kinds of problems. We all know how things go at Futuremark and I don't think we like waiting six months for an approved HWBOT driver.

If we are to discuss obvious glitch's then I must bring up another item. Both bennylodewijk's and dasa's submissions state core frequencies of almost 1300mhz...these chips simply won't run there. I do not know where they got those numbers from or if it was an honest mistake. Has anyone else been able to run Vantage at those frequencies? If not, I must conclude they were glitch runs.

My view is that if gpu-z will not show the core/mem frequencies that is a glitch in itself. How about making that a requirement for submissions?

Edited by rickss69

1300MHz Core frequency indicated here as well: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/951939_pcci2iminal_3dmark_vantage___performance_gma_hd_894_marks

Do note: that run is an extremely bad one. The performance ~ 1150MHz core.

Anyway, I guess I'm naive to think everyone will just go back to their benching rig? Well, I must say that there's no prize for best moaner.

1300MHz Core frequency indicated here as well: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/951939_pcci2iminal_3dmark_vantage___performance_gma_hd_894_marks

Do note: that run is an extremely bad one. The performance ~ 1150MHz core.

Anyway, I guess I'm naive to think everyone will just go back to their benching rig? Well, I must say that there's no prize for best moaner.

That was an assinine response to a perfectly logical question. I should have expected as much...