HWBOT Community Forums

Why i not benching for hwbot?

slamms

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According the reason of the thread, decision to ban 1 month because a mistake upload screenshot.

"why a overclocker that has lots of 7 Ghz chips, cheat or steal results to get a lit lit bit of points".

So... I keep don't understanding...if they had lots of binned chips, why run benchmark ilegal way?

I prefer to wait hwbot decision.... HWBOT that has already proven enough skill to judge this kind of cases..and John only can be penalized if was proved.

No worries guys...and no hurry

Sorry for the delay, you have to understand that investigating takes time and also contacting users that aren't in the same zone.

Decision has been now taken, if the users involved want to question this decision and provide solid proof of innocence or any explanations for the abnormal scores they have the right to do so.

Massman is already getting in contact with ASRock

Good to know :)

@Slamms: maybe I'm wrong but I feel that he didn't know the issues/consequences... not sure if a bugged score makes the entire scores of a member to be instantly/indisputably false or cheat.

Edited by Eeky NoX

Guest battlecryawesome
Agree, I do too Dumo :)

But another part of the world, another culture.

Many things are hidden in this story and people involved in this are'nt those it seems to be :(

What? lol

You guys; Im signed up for the CPUs, lol.

Peep is a moron if he didn't know....especially if he is an experienced bencher.

I fxxxin' hate peep who use any means necessary to win:(

Life is too short for hating.... I still have my doubts that J.Lam cheated, frankly, I dont think he did - but, as I told him, I think he should be more careful with submitting, and experimenting, the ethics on what is allowed and not allowed, is far from mine "better safe than sorry" is not the approach of John Lam, he is alternating as much as possible, as long as it is not banned/disallowed, while I think it is best to verify that it is allowed before doing it....

He has the hardware, he has the knowledge, he should be better at asking himself "how will this be received by others"...

SF3D helped enabling LOD (if I am not mistaking, please, dont get pissed if I am wrong), this could easily have been considered cheating, but it was commonly accepted....

FUGGER pushed it a 'little' further, this was cheating...

John Lam is just like both, seeking what nobody else does for tweak....

I do not think John Lam does it to be 'bad' or because he does not care, I simply just think he tends not to think how the rest of the community will see the new 'tweak' or 'cheat'...

- But somehow, I have a bit hard time considering John Lam the 'bad guy' there is so much corruption on hwbot, all of staff knows it but cant prove shit, so it is accepted.... Even some of the most respected members of the community condole what is considered cheating by hwbot.....

If anyone have doubts what I mean, I dont believe that nobody else related to ASUS is involved with the scores submitted with no#1 in pro league - sure, im just a naive moron who is full of shit - its all legit...

My 5 cents

PS: I am not a fan of the brand eVGA, but I think Kingpin is the #1 in pro league, who is 100% against cheat, and would not do everything to be on top of things.

• Crew

There's always the edge Marc, either decide to go over it or stop in due time... this software fooling around is taking overclocking one step beyond in my book...

Even if his tweak is/was legit, I still have got no explenations why the screenshots were sooo bugged. We all had some app doign weird stuff, but changing a computation which should be 8 secs slower, that's overdoing it... Also the maths from Sam proove explain why it close to impossible to achieve that score. Compare screenshot one with a CPU running over 60MHz faster then screenie 2. Yet exact same final score.. That can't be right, can it ? If it was a non bugged score, he should be even faster then, not ?

My view: John has the hardware and skills for sure... Why not play accordingly ? It's an OPB revival to me... let's sum it up as the evil GREED thing, which is part of us all... It's a shame that stuff like this is stil happening... even with the big boys...

Edited by Leeghoofd