HWBOT Community Forums

Why i not benching for hwbot?

slamms

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not give the (manufacturer) sponsorships to the guys with smaller pockets...

Really, the difference in skill is little IMO.

How guys become the "best overclockers" is a lot of binning, through time and money, or...connections. While I realize that sitting and binning a bunch of chips is "hard work" and by hard, I mean "boring and time consuming", those at the top either have lots of $$,$$$ or lots of people around them.

I'm sure a bunch of Romanians on Lab501 will swoop down on me for my comment now, for having insulted their ability as overclockers and 'cuz I haz no skillz...

I dunno how or why should anyone pay attention to a silly kid like you,thing is you never stop ranting and complaining about lab501 and i srsly don;t know why.Why don;t you grow up a little,work for your hardware(not donations from others) come back with some results and then you can say something about lab501?How about that?

I agree with slamms. Me and other small fish in hwbot ocean that work hard for their money and then buy everything from the store or ebay at regular prices, when see such resuts and behavior from top and great overclockers, we simply get demotivated.

In the end, we don't feel hwbot as a fair playing field. At least me... can't speak for the others.

Disclose ALL PCmark05 tweaks, all will be forgotten.

And I don't care about PCMark, so that's not a valid forgiving reason for me :P.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

well there is no way to prove it guys, its possible to have two setups completely the same and similar acting chips as well as just loading saved profiles with different cpu's

it can look like a complete copy but there is no way to ever prove it with hard evidence. its always been this way it just seems there is not as much honor in overclocking anymore. its sad but this has always been the fatal flaw of hwbot, the users.

well there is no way to prove it guys, its possible to have two setups completely the same and similar acting chips as well as just loading saved profiles with different cpu's

it can look like a complete copy but there is no way to ever prove it with hard evidence. its always been this way it just seems there is not as much honor in overclocking anymore. its sad but this has always been the fatal flaw of hwbot, the users & vendor marketing dep.

Fixed that for you splave.

I agree with slamms. Me and other small fish in hwbot ocean that work hard for their money and then buy everything from the store or ebay at regular prices, when see such resuts and behavior from top and great overclockers, we simply get demotivated.

In the end, we don't feel hwbot as a fair playing field. At least me... can't speak for the others.

And I don't care about PCMark, so that's not a valid forgiving reason for me :P.

Here here. :celebration:

it can look like a complete copy but there is no way to ever prove it with hard evidence. its always been this way it just seems there is not as much honor in overclocking anymore. its sad but this has always been the fatal flaw of hwbot, the users.

The thing here is we do know the truth but John lam takes the community to be fucking idiots as he constantly gets away with it under the guise that no one can prove otherwise. It proves very simply he is immature and with no honor.

I am disappointed that mad22 wants to be associated with him. Mad is a good guy but this kid is a joke.

Edited by uncle fester

The thing here is we do know the truth but John lam takes the community to be fucking idiots as he constantly gets away with it under the guise that no one can prove otherwise. It proves very simply he is immature and with no honor.

I am disappointed that mad22 wants to be associated with him. Mad is a good guy but this kid is a joke.

Easy now lad.

I honestly dont think he does it to piss off the community, I am pretty sure he benches because he enjoys it, and dont really take hwbot as an ultra intense competition..

I might have mistaken who he is, but I do know someone with the name 'Lam', and I believe he works for HKEPC, and have been benching with Mad, Hicookie, CherV & StephenYeong this week, joint session, and except for the cookie, they might not be keen on the rules, just enjoy pushing every bit of hardware to its very max :-)

One thing is certain, I wont label him as 'an immature kid'.

Just my 5 cents.

Why go easy, it's so obvious it starting to show how piss weak the rules system is becoming on hwbot. Everyone is too scared to speak what's on their mind. If shit like this is going to continue I'm with slamms, I'm not interested in being involved in this bullshit.

Screenshots getting handed out got Andre and Hiwa banned, where is the same conviction now ?

Why go easy, it's so obvious it starting to show how piss weak the rules system is becoming on hwbot. Everyone is too scared to speak what's on their mind. If shit like this is going to continue I'm with slamms, I'm not interested in being involved in this bullshit.

Screenshots getting handed out got Andre and Hiwa banned, where is the same conviction now ?

Being a hardass may be cool in Aussieland, but keep in mind that hwbot is a global forum on the internet.. I meant, go easy on the labeling of people.

HIWA received a score over the internet, from someone else, Andre... Both knew it was wrong... Here, it is a couple of guys who MIGHT have submitted scores from the same system, in the first place we do not know that for sure - remember GOOC American qualifier? We thought the Brazil guys were doing fishy stuff, and turned out to be legit.

1) Is it actually same setup

2) Did they know the rules?

I do not know how it is in Aussieland, but Aussies got there they had a chance prior Earls Court, no? :P

Lets not judge them before anything is certain, lets give them a chance of giving their version, to make a move.

Meanwhile, hold the horses with labeling & trashtalking about how immature and abusive they are, and how they treat others as idiots.

EDIT; - And lets not forget, that there is a report button....

However Slamms brought up a very relevant topic, if the rules are too soft, and should be pointed out more clearly...

I personally believe that the rules needs to be worked on, I've wondered for ages how come HDD/SSD/ramdrive sharing for PCMark isnt illigal, but...

Edited by M.Beier

Is direct answer of your questions marc:

Is it the same setup:

YES!!!!! How fucking obvious does it need to be.

Did they know the rules:

Comon are you serious you have hicookie and mad222 there benching, We all know they are well aware of the rules.

We all know what has happened here but if you want to keep your head up your own arse in denial go for it, trying to make us believe anything other is fucking stupidity.

Please let it be noted I consider Hicookie and Mad222 to be great people. once Mad put up scores from this benching submission, john lam was not to put submissions up, he knows this but did it anyway.

This is what the bot is coming too, either remove that rule or be prepared to enforce it.

I agree with the way slamms brought up the concern - reasonable and honest. As part of the benchmarking community, I appreciate people bringing things up when there should be concern. Props for that. No one wants to be the one calling people to the mat, but it has to be done.

The important part to me in this situation is consistency. I have seen non-world ranked scores and accounts be shut down because they looked too questionable. These are world record scores. If they aren't held up to even tougher scrutiny than average, they should at least be held up to the same standards of "if it looks too questionable, its disallowed". The OS is the same, the hardware is the same, the settings are the same, the screenshots on the desktop are only a few captures apart.

As for how it makes me feel about benchmarking at hwbot... Makes no difference to me. I worry about what I can control. There will always be some people taking advantage - if these guys are being honest, there are still other guys we don't know that have bent the rules. It is part of the game unfortunately, and hwbot does a "good enough" job most the time at giving confidence in the results.

Guys in the hobby because they enjoy putting up real results hugely outnumber the cheaters, and a few bad results here and there aren't going to have a meaningful impact on where I rank with hundreds of different submissions.

it would be better if I did not say anything?

No. Criticism is needed, and should be welcomed. If it is unwelcome, then the community is not a community anymore. If at the least, just to promote discussion.

And since you are from Russia, Pussy Riot anyone? ;)

Edited by just_nuke_em

for those who are not sure that this is one system:

first result from Mad222 18 Aug:

Super Pi 1M:

image_id_829969.jpeg

After it was run Super Pi 32M, but was submitted 20 Aug by John Lam:

image_id_830676.jpeg

Please double check shortcut on screens:

3910c3c4b940323183abc0d6118493bb.jpg

And after it was run Super Pi 32M, which submitted 19 Aug by Mad222. Run with MaxMem, CopyWaza, Language bar.

image_id_830205.pjpeg

Can you explain me, why was disabled MaxMem, CopyWaza and Language bar for John Lam results, if it was on next day? Or John Lam dont know than with this tweaks results will be better?

No. Criticism is needed, and should be welcomed. If it is unwelcome, then the community is not a community anymore. If at the least, just to promote discussion.

And since you are from Russia, Pussy Riot anyone? ;)

Yes, I am from Russia too, but it's not meant for this topic.

Not everyone uses a website's forum. If you post the thread link on their FB page that will grab some attention.

Me?

Will notify them privately on facebook if I catch them online.

they do use the forum, mad222's Last Activity is Today 06:51 (guess it's based on my local time, so 6.51 AM GMT+1)

http://hwbot.org/forum/member.php?u=16185

380565_10151115028884726_1250193291_n.jpg

386891_10151115028994726_311855409_n.jpg

558914_10151115029074726_182284203_n.jpg

Edited by M.Beier