HWBOT Community Forums

[BUGS] hwbot: Revision 3.5 up and running!

0PBAt.jpg

ranked 8 bla bla bla....nothing to be proud of BUT did i went up or down?

i think there's should be an arrow or something to show if you lost a place of gained a place

also i think it should say you received "1 global point" or "1 hardware point"

Ok, changed. The notifications are more informative now.

A downside was that they were not compatible with old notifications, so I had to delete the existing ones.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
You got a big ass monitor, Turrican. :D There are some visual glitches when using such high resolutions, which are hard for me to check as I don't have such a monitor. I'll improve the screen you posted, thanks.

Same here for me as well, and I only use 1280x1024. ;)

I've been trying to upload three results (2k1, 2k3 & 2k5) since yesterday evening but still nothing. Every single time after I hit the submit button this message pops up:

"Crap. An error happened.

We could blame this on you but it's most likely our crappy coding skills. You could try again or nudge our developpers for fixing this.

Error message

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xCE\x91\xCF\x81\xCF\x87...' for column 'name' at row 1"

I've never had this problem in the past... I tried multiple things, like uploading it with less system information or without adding futuremark verification link or system pic. I'd be more than grateful if somebody could look into it.

Great job on rev3.5, congratulations to everybody! Just checked and saw that the bug with "View top 100" is taken care of as well. 'Cause yesterday when I wanted to view top 100 of 8800GTS 3DMark03 results for example, it kept taking me to the global 2k3 WR page :D

George.

richba5tard I'm still encountering the exact same problem. Could you check into it please? :( I've tried everything... Didn't have that problem before, not once!

I've been having a bit of a strange issue for the last day or so. Whenever I try to view my profile (hwbot.org/community/deux), the page loads but the center column where all the useful info never is anything other than pure white. I've tried multiple computers, all major browsers and being both logged in and not logged in. The same issue occurs when I am logged in and hit the my account button on the left.

Any info is appreciated :)

I've been having a bit of a strange issue for the last day or so. Whenever I try to view my profile (hwbot.org/community/deux), the page loads but the center column where all the useful info never is anything other than pure white. I've tried multiple computers, all major browsers and being both logged in and not logged in. The same issue occurs when I am logged in and hit the my account button on the left.

Any info is appreciated :)

Fixed

I can't post comments.

In this Score: http://hwbot.org/community/submission/977163_true_monkey_3dmark_2006_geforce_8800_gts_512_mb_19790_marks (new submission)

i post 3 Comments, but 1 second later they lost.

Fixed, thanks!

@Turrican: it was done to accomodate people width 1280*1024 or lower resolutions. Otherwise there are too many tabs to display.

• Crew

I've a small suggestion about improving hardware database usability - it's most often used to check the current results, not to read the info more and more.

So why don't you make the link for example: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/pentium_4_2.4ghz_a_northwood leading to the 2D rankings tab, not the info? It saves a bit of clicking which is anyway more than it was because of the benchmark tabs being implemented.

• Crew

richba5tard, no, that's not the right way. I'm not against the info stuff - on the contrary I suggested to make a description of each hardware category shortly after rev.2. It's great if we grow wider. The thing is in not making it less convenient making int more complex, don't you agree?

The tabs made the result surfing process a bit longer an the only thing I said is how this can be resolved.

If you remember, I suggested to clean up the hardware database (not results) from erroneous categories and typos (and offered help in this) - why would I say this if the rankings are the only goal? :)

Bug: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/athlon_64_fx_55_clawhammer?tab=2drankings#superpi

The score that's currently on top shouldn't be there. Also, in alot of charts there are many results that are not linked to profiles, and that don't receive boints. Why are those visible? Or maybe a better question: why aren't they rewarded with boints when they are ranked?