HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Testlab #1: GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 P10000+ 3DMark Vantage

Yes.

The board is limited to 1.80V Vcore, if I remember correctly, and I was hitting about 6.5GHz on both chips with that voltage. The biggest problem is that the APU will shutdown if you use too much voltage/frequency for either the CPU or the IGP. So, in order not to trigger the shutdown I kept the CPU at relatively low voltage and frequency.

Besides, the effect of CPU frequency is almost insignificant anyway. 1GHz additional CPU frequency equals a total of 11pts boost in 3DMark11.

Yes.

The board is limited to 1.80V Vcore, if I remember correctly, and I was hitting about 6.5GHz on both chips with that voltage. The biggest problem is that the APU will shutdown if you use too much voltage/frequency for either the CPU or the IGP. So, in order not to trigger the shutdown I kept the CPU at relatively low voltage and frequency.

Besides, the effect of CPU frequency is almost insignificant anyway. 1GHz additional CPU frequency equals a total of 11pts boost in 3DMark11.

Wow... I thought the Physics portion of the benchmark had a pretty large effect. Guess not!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why I can boot up to 145 BCLK but just 106 into windows? And only 102 BCLK are benchstable...

Also I can not go above the 1866 memory divider. If I used 2133 or above it doesn't boot anymore.

Pretty much same settings / voltages like Pieter used in the first post.

Edited by der8auer

Fyi, around 133MHz BCLK (forgot whether it's 133 or 140) the board will switch to the external PLL. So, you might want to go in small steps there. Something like

• 100 -> 105
  • 105 -> 130
  • 130 -> 145
  • 145 -> 170

Around 170MHz -175 to be precise- was the highest the board could do with multiple CPUs. Afaik, it was related to the used clockgen (you could do a little higher fiddling with clock spectrum).

The boot-in-windows issue is 99% IDE/AHCI related.

Yes it was IDE related :) The memory issue was due to wrong subtimings. I had to set all the subtimings manually. Now I can also use 2133 MHz divider.

I'm aiming for about 120-125 MHz BCLK for benching. According to Hicookie the board switches to the external PLL at 133 MHz like you said.

Thanks!

Or air cooling?

If so it is most likely either VR_Hot (VRM) or CPU HTC activation (@ 70,0°C).

Enable "PowerMode" with TCI K2 and see if it makes any difference.

However it certainly isn´t VRM OCP.

SS cooling, is not related to temperatures, CPU\GPU under zero and VRM are not hot, after some run 22/24° ( checked with TCI K2 )

enabled PowerMode but doesn't change the situation.

it is very strange... I can't understand why there is this sort of throttling however tomorrow I am going to format :) and reinstall OS but I am not confident :(