HWBOT Community Forums

Bug found on many new drivers while using SLi on old VGAs on Z77 , SLI GPUZ not showing correctly , it shows SLI disable but SLI its running and active.

chispy

Hi , good day guys , i have found a Bug in GPUZ running SLI. I have been doing some testing for the last few weeks using MVE , MVG and 2x 8800GTX SLI, I have tried to use old drivers but i ran into a lot of trouble and i was unable to activate SLI in good old drivers in XP32 or W7x64 on Z77 chipset even when GPUZ shows SLI Available there was no option in Nvidia control pannel to activate SLI. I started testing latest and new drivers 2xx drivers family and 3xx drivers family , finally i was able to activate sli in control panel with newer drivers but GPUZ shows SLI disable eventhought SLI it is activated and fully working. Just a heads up of this bug on Z77 and new drivers with GPUZ while using old 8800GTX VGAs. Maybe a bug report to GPUZ maker would be the best option to a fix for this Bug.

Kind regards: Angelo

Yea, same problems. I solve it by mixing together:

3 parts more MHz,

4 parts different drivers

3 parts pretending I don't care about score efficiency

Bake at between -40 and -80 for 2 hours

:D

hahhahaha ....:D Kenny !

@Eeky , so its not a new bug then ? am i right since this bug happenned to you before on P67 and 580 , Definitely GPUZ bug. Tx for the feedback .

Kind Regards: Angelo

select the second card from the drop down menu in gpu-z. it should show sli active then.

Hi Turrican and thanks for replying , It does not work as i did try that already many times, no matter how many GPZ tabs i tried to open from the first GPU or second GPU drop down menu it will only show sli disable , it does not show sli enabled in GPUZ no matter what i do.

Regards: Angelo

**Update**

Now it is Fully working with this new version of GPUZ , it shows SLI enable and everything working and activated correctly. Tested quickly on my Asus P8Z77-V LK , will test on my Asus Maximus V later , thank you for the support and the fix so fast , apretiated. See attached screenshot of Windows XP x32bit with latest whql 306.81 installed , also tested quickly on W7 x64bit and its working correctly no problems at all on any of the OS and no more bugs to report , fixed.

Kind Regards: Angelo

10776443.jpg

v003j.jpg

I had it happen on p67 + 580's as well as the older cards.

I stopped trying to fix it with different driver installs was getting me pissed at the time.

He he those cards look like fun angel

Thanks for the fix wiz

Edited by cowgut

I had it happen on p67 + 580's as well as the older cards.

I stopped trying to fix it with different driver installs was getting me pissed at the time.

He he those cards look like fun angel

Thanks for the fix wiz

Hi Gino my good old friend ,indeed i got more fun with old cards than with the latest and newest cards , just volt mod add chilled water or LN2 and its a lot of fun even when they die on you :D ,take care bro.

Regards: Angelo