HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge April 2010 thread.

Massman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news from Futuremark:

The component detection for 3DMark2001 is currently unsupported and whether it works at all is mostly due to luck.

I have however now mapped HD 4290 so that it should work with other benchmarks and might work also for 3DMark2001 after the next server reboot (probably later today).

So, try again later, if the old result still shows as "Generic VGA", try submitting again.

Please reply to let us know if validation works or not :)

Either something is totally effed up with my computer or: 3DMark does NOT like Win7, Cat 9.12/10.3 do NOT like 3DMark 2001, or somehow my Athlon II X2, North Bridge and HT @ 2.9GHz are just not enough to run 3DMark... Because I'm oh... only 18K points shy of first place -_- How I'm only managing a score of just 8300 is beyond me... Then how I can tweak the system to pull vastly higher frame rates but end up scoring LESS (8000) than the lower frame rate runs >_>

It's an 890GX @ 980Mhz core, 1800Mhz SidePort (haven't tested with UMA yet) and everything is running cool as a cucumber! :\

If it calculates the score based on the computer specs, then that is probably the issue, since I'm running an x2 250u (ultra-low voltage CPU, originally 1.6GHz) and 3DMark's system details blankets me with "Unknown" results :(

EDIT: After literally an HOUR of trying to submit my god damn results, I get hit with a fucking error that isn't even my fault -_- First it was this, then it was that, then it didn't like my confirmation Futuremark link (which I can't get a compare of BTW Hooray lamezilla!) and so a mod/admin can plug in my results...

Futuremark validation

CPU-Z Validation

Screenshot of my 16,780 score

Photo of my rig

Screenshot of the error the site just gave me (And yes, the form was completed, but after every time it has to bitch about something, it resets the image part)

I was having fun until it came to this stupid submission form...

Edited by Formula350

Still impossible to submit a new score to the orb?

Well, mine is submitted, that link shows it and I was able to edit the name like I thought I was supposed to. Just the compare link is not available, and I tried to mod the compare link for 06 for 01 and my submission, but it didn't work. I've never bothered with 3DM so this is all new to me :\ With that said I apologize for getting pissy last night heh As I had mentioned, I was trying to add my submission to HWBot for a hour (12:30am to 1:40am) and it was just one thing after another that was 'incorrect' with the form :(

3D01 = use WinXP (expect 3-4K gain in points over Win7)

set UMA, gives a nice boost !

Yea I'm not sure where my XP disk is, and my only install of XP is ooold and I have a feeling that it'd be the same performance as my much fresher Win7 lol

I did figure out UMA though. Not sure if it gives a boost with doing SP+UMA or not, but I'll be trying everything. I plan to load up my modded 890GPA BIOS to let me use 1GB of UMA =} There's also some other options I've unhidden that I hope to get a boost from, but as I don't know wtf they are for, I don't expect anything from them. So we'll see! I was just happy to get enough for 4th place with that CPU I have haha I upgraded from S939 and so I'm new to all the new AM3 and DDR3 stuff, having to learn what to modify and safe voltages (though I've just cranked shit up and crossed my fingers lol)...

Can you publish the score (click on 'publish')?

:\ I've clicked the "Publish" link a number of times now and it just refreshes the page and is still marked "Private"....

Here's what I'm currently looking at...

EDIT: I mentioned it before, I don't know if the amount of "Unknown" hardware could be why... I mean it is validated but how Futuremark does things is all new to me. Which is what I've been thinking about, the fact I don't have but one result so I have nothing to compare it to... So I'm going to do another run. I enabled SidePort+UMA, running the SP @ 1800 to see what that does.

Added another screen cap showing the unknowns.

Edited by Formula350

Well I got my score up to 18707 now! :) Not that it matters, sadly, since I can't submit my score :(

EDIT: Wonder if this link works? :\ Does for me but that doesn't mean much.

http://service.futuremark.com/resultComparison.action?compareResultId=9574721&compareResultId=9574744&compareResultType=6

Edited by Formula350
Updating with new bests.