HWBOT Community Forums

Please work on a new wrapper

K404

there is no official statement yet, so I guess so

if you want to pull a K404 on yourself, you can start using the new wrapper hoping that one day it will get approved, bench 20 cards with it and wait for Lord Massman to say "no" :D

Edited by TaPaKaH

Works great in all aspects so far, until I submit the file:

Invalid data file: Unable to read Aquamark data file.

Also, I got confused when the directory on the desktop used the AQ3 icon and initially couldn't find my screenshot.

Mate you can't submit the file yet, it uses a different format and we have to wait for Devroush to write his part of the code. Which OS have you been testing it on?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Genieben, is your version of the wrapper still planned to be accepted?

I have to fix something but I won't be having proper time for it untill after Christmas.

Does genieben's wrapper need .NET 4.0 too? The current wrapper doesn't install .NET 4 on XP for me so I can't use it...there is no .NET installer for 4 that is fully offline either AFAIK.

- No dependencies.

- There is 4.0 and 4.0CP, latter being used by 'old' wrapper. AFAIK 4.0CP does have a fully offline version BUT unlike previous versions of .NET it's doesn't bundle previous versions, so you need full 3.5 first.

- There is a download link for current version that you can try.

FYI Beepbeep2, the file I use to get .net4 on my benching rigs without any network connectivity is dotnetfx40_full_x86_x64. It is 49,268KB in size. Dunno if that helps you, but I don't do anything special to get it working. I do have the offline versions for the other .net installs as well, so maybe some things require those also. Dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a workaround for the low score with old wrapper bug. Join Overclockers benching team to get it.

I kid. Happy New Year...

When the wrapper launches the benchmark it launches a couple additional tasks you can view in task manager. Set these additional tasks to one core affinity and low priority. Score through wrapper is then equal to running aquamark directly. Alt+Tab out of aquamark to enter task manager and apply affinity/priority on other tasks.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

@K404.

Wrapper itself works, it's all about sending the scores to the server now, hopefully it's done quick so I can move back to PCMark05.

If you want to play it safe, don't sit on old scores too much.

Found a workaround for the low score with old wrapper bug. Join Overclockers benching team to get it.

It's the nature of .NET, last time I checked it used atleast 10 different assemblies, at some point it also unpacks another app.

When the wrapper launches the benchmark it launches a couple additional tasks you can view in task manager. Set these additional tasks to one core affinity and low priority. Score through wrapper is then equal to running aquamark directly. Alt+Tab out of aquamark to enter task manager and apply affinity/priority on other tasks.

Thank you for this. :)