HWBOT Community Forums

9600gt sli

poparamiro

Thanks for posting :) I don't understand how your baseline is so high compared to everyone elses. I had normal scaling, but from a much lower starting point. You are also running at 100 BCLK/ PCI-E and my PCI-E was 106 (X58)

Here are my two results from this morning. I found your driver choice of 258.96 to be better than any 28x drivers or 275.33, but I found 197.45 to be better for me. In my notes I have commented that SLI is worse with a 64-bit OS, but I did not go into detail. I will have to re-test that theory.

3DV14605.jpg

3DV14887.jpg

All my other scores are normal and are in-line with other peoples scores. Your Vantage is the only weird one. Here is a quick chart I put together. I do not think CPU MHz will affect GPU tests with this level of GPU power.

9600GTscaling.jpg

Edited by K404

I think with only 64SP, memory is not as important. Sure, another 30-50MHz will give a better score, but we both know that is not the problem with my score right now :D

I have a question (you can answer in PM if you want) .....what version of 3DV are you using?

Of course, 30mhz will not give you huge boost, but is important.

I have for sometime a OS ghost image with all installed that i use for bench, i don't know what version right now, it's possible to be older version.

Why you not bench vantage on X79?

Edited by poparamiro

• 4 weeks later...

Long story short:

Ebay shopping, a lot o crap cards, very few good (Gainward and Asus)

1000mhz Vantage aircooling

~ 970Mhz in sli, but for some reason i get low fps in GT1. Last summer with Gigabyte 9600gt i get high GT1 Fps in a lot of runs (see first post), also almost no scaling with freq now.

I will try another time, i am freezing to death right now (-3 oC outside and 0 to 3 oC in my room)

Edited by poparamiro

Well K, the reason for this post is that i respect the work of all honest overclockers ( i think you are one of them)and i know LN2 bench is very hard, expensive and complicated.

The setup with gigabyte card give me too high GT1 fps, and i don't know yet what was/is the problem, today i can't reproduce that, so you deserve the WR.

If it is ok with you, i delete the score and replace with today one, you can post yours.

Leave the score up bro :) You have shown with several cards that SB-E + the right driver is very strong in Vantage. Maybe I spoke a bit too fast when I based my original comment on scores I got with X58. I do not have an s2011 hardware to test with, but at some point, I hope that will change

Maybe the problem is not with your old run, but the new one.... a worse-than-expected score today, a good-as-expected score tomorrow

:)

Edited by K404