HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2012 thread.

teurorist

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a catch on stage 5 Low-end NVantage

Not so easy to find these cards GeForce GT 320 and GeForce GT 530 even at ebay

According to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_300_Series

The GeForce 300 Series is a family of graphics processing units developed by Nvidia. The first card of this series was launched in November 2009. Similar to the GeForce 100 series, the GeForce 300 series consists of re-branded video cards from the previous generation available only for OEMs

Later that month the company announced the release of the GeForce GT 320, GT 330 and GT 340, available to OEMs only.[6] The Geforce GT 340 is simply a rebadged GT 240, sharing exactly the same specifications, while the GT 320 and 330 are new cards (albeit still based on the previous generation GT200b and G92b architecture).

Yeah, but this time it's almost impossible.

Given the timeframe and time needed for winning an auction on ebay, then shipping to Bulgaria during the holiday season... they will either come here at the end of the competition or even after it.

The other problem is the requirement for 1 result per user and you can't find 5 active extreme overclockers here..or active overclockers in general, that have the required hardware. Same applicable for many countries, but guess that's part of the game and we can't do anything about it.

We don't even have high-end FM2 boards on the market yet and there's no sign of Crosshair V Formula-Z too.

Gigabyte boards are most probably old revisions without or problematic LLC.

All in all, the competition ends for us before it even begins.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

so we can run thuban and BD on cvf for exampleand get 2 results?

or we need different boards too?

I think the best 5 option for this stage are :

- AM3+

- AM3

- AM2+

- FM2

- FM1

If you have the board which support 2 socket for example AM3 & AM3+, you can get 2 result with different proc (AM3 & AM3+) n surely different id too :D [CMIIW]

I personally don't have any problem with stage 1-4, but that GT 320 and GT 530 stage is going to hurt (Massman, you really know how to 'torture' us overclockers LOL :D :D)

Btw some questions :

1) For the Low-end nVIDIA stage, must we use the desktop version of GT320 and 530? Or can we use the mobile counterpart? (GT 320M for example).

2) by this statement :

form the best possible SuperPI 32M average using five different S775 CPUs

How would you differentiate the CPUs? by it's model number(E8200,E8400,E8500,E8600,E8700)? or By it's codename(Wolfdale,Conroe,Kentsfield,Allendale,Conroe-L) ?

3) Phenom II X4 940BE is counted as AM2+ CPU, right?

Thanks a lot ;)

For AMD PI 1M stage, AM2+ and AM3 count as one socket or old K8 DDR2 (AM2) is in the same league as Phenom I? eg:

AM3+: FX series

AM2+ and AM3: Phenom I, Phenom II, Athlon II, Athlon 7xxx

AM2: A64 90nm, 65nm?

or

AM3: Phenom II, Athlon II

AM2+ and AM2: A64 90nm/65nm/Phenom I/Phenom II X4 940/920/810

For AMD PI 1M stage, AM2+ and AM3 count as one socket or old K8 DDR2 (AM2) is in the same league as Phenom I? eg:

or

These would be 4 different ones, no?

Someone asked me if he could borrow some of my chips. I do not know how sharing works in competitions like this one, is that not allowed/not fair play or whatever?

so we can run thuban and BD on cvf for exampleand get 2 results?

or we need different boards too?

No need for different boards - all you need are different CPUs. You are allowed to say thanks to AMD's upgrade-path and use AM2+ boards for an AM2, AM2+, AM3 and AM3+ CPU if you can :D.

I personally don't have any problem with stage 1-4, but that GT 320 and GT 530 stage is going to hurt (Massman, you really know how to 'torture' us overclockers LOL :D :D)

So much complaining. Everything besides the 320 and 530 is dead-easy ... :battle:

1) For the Low-end nVIDIA stage, must we use the desktop version of GT320 and 530? Or can we use the mobile counterpart? (GT 320M for example).

Only desktop version is allowed

How would you differentiate the CPUs? by it's model number(E8200,E8400,E8500,E8600,E8700)? or By it's codename(Wolfdale,Conroe,Kentsfield,Allendale,Conroe-L) ?

Differentiation by CPU model, not core.

3) Phenom II X4 940BE is counted as AM2+ CPU, right?

X4 940 is AM2+, yes :)

or

AM3+ is different from AM3 which is different from AM2+ which is different from AM2 which is different from AM :).

Does that make sense?

Not NVIDIA again. You gotta be kidding me. Last year was GF200 limitiation and now 3DMark03 Nvidia SLI Challenge and Low-end NVantage.

Trinity and AMD CPUs?