HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2012 thread.

teurorist

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X4 940 is AM2+, yes :)

AM3+ is different from AM3 which is different from AM2+ which is different from AM2 which is different from AM :).

Does that make sense?

Sorry to say that, but it's still not clear how you divide CPU sockets, especially the AM2+/AM3 part.

Look at the classification on the hwbot site and tell me which one should we comply with - the official one or the one you have on the site. For example X3 720 BE is in the AM3 category, while the much newer X2 560 is in the AM2+. And they both have DDR3 mem controller, along with the DDR2.

You won't have the right to remove subs (if the engine counts them as different sockets in the first place), because in fact we will follow the hwbot classification, so better clarify it now.

PS: I see 550BE and 970BE from Brazil are accepted from the engine as different socket types.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

There seems to be some database issues then.

There are no "AM2+" CPUs, only AM3 (indicating the CPU supports DDR3). AM2+ is used to indicate that the mainboard supports AM2 and AM3 CPUs.

Actually there are some AM2+ CPUs:

Phenom I/Athlon X2 7XXX series (Agena/Barcelona cores) and Phenom II X4 940/920.

AM3 CPU = DDR2/DDR3 CPU's + HT3.0 support

AM2+ CPU = DDR2 only + HT 3.0 support.

AM2 CPU = K8 with DDR2 IMC + HT 2.0 support

As I.nfraR.ed pointed, X2 550BE is a AM3 CPU as well as X4 970BE is a AM3 CPU too. :)

Edited by NoMS

Actually there are some AM2+ CPUs:

Phenom I/Athlon X2 7XXX series (Agena/Barcelona cores) and Phenom II X4 940/920.

AM3 CPU = DDR2/DDR3 CPU's + HT3.0 support

AM2+ CPU = DDR2 only + HT 3.0 support.

AM2 CPU = K8 with DDR2 IMC + HT 2.0 support

As I.nfraR.ed pointed, X2 550BE is a AM3 CPU as well as X4 970BE is a AM3 CPU too. :)

Ah, good info, thanks!

Just updated the CPU database with all the correct sockets. Flushing caches right now - the competition should be updated too (if everything goes well).

Hello, I've got a question regarding the SLI Challenge. I have a 7900GT and 7900GS which I can SLI If I use riva tuner to make the GS's ID show up as a GT. Would I be allowed to submit a score with the GS and GT and if so should I list it as GS sli or GT sli?

Can't anyone help with my question, I'd really like to participate.

Hello, I've got a question regarding the SLI Challenge. I have a 7900GT and 7900GS which I can SLI If I use riva tuner to make the GS's ID show up as a GT. Would I be allowed to submit a score with the GS and GT and if so should I list it as GS sli or GT sli?

try to answer

As long as you can submit 2 GPU as nVidia 7xxx, 8xxx or 9xxx is not an issue.

[CMIIW]

Flashing has never been disallowed, so it *should* be allowed. Though, always use 2x better stock card (in your case one 7900gs 256mb and one 7900gt 256mb means 2x 7900gt 256mb).

I've just realised there's an accidental inconsistency in the rules.

If I remember right and its not been changed, a flashed card should always be submitted ONLY as the card it left the factory as. (e.g..... some GTX465 can be unlocked to GTX470. Unlocked card should still be submitted only as GTX465, not benched under both categories.)

BUT.... if mixed GPU scores are done, the scores should always be submitted as an SLI/CF of the better card.

:)

The rules don't agree.... but the individual rules are the right approach (IMO)

OMG, HWB divided by zero!

As mentioned earlier, some of the low-end nvidia cards for stage 5 are impossible to find, especially on smaller markets.

Some people with access to big hardware shops/manufacturers might be able to get the full stack of requred scores, but seems a no go for the others. It will be fun for Massman only.

This stage is a killer for those who buy retail hardware on their own.

Don't think a stage that requires obscure hardware is suitable for CountryCup.

PS: Oh, and yes...no ATi love again.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

This is true but there is no way to make every stage fair for every country. Some countries have better access to hardware than others so unless you want to always be benching the exact same stuff contest after contest it will always be that way. Some countries have built-in disadvantages, Bulgaria might have trouble finding some of the more obscure hardware, Australia is in the middle of the summer and Finland is -10C outside for the nice outdoor benching, Canada has 3000km between the two major population centres, a little harder to get country mates together for bench sessions than say Belgium which has an easy afternoon jaunt to any corner of the country.

Personally I rather like seeing some obscure stuff thrown in so that its not the same binned cards/chips just putting up scores that are already on the 'bot.

I've just realised there's an accidental inconsistency in the rules.

If I remember right and its not been changed, a flashed card should always be submitted ONLY as the card it left the factory as. (e.g..... some GTX465 can be unlocked to GTX470. Unlocked card should still be submitted only as GTX465, not benched under both categories.)

BUT.... if mixed GPU scores are done, the scores should always be submitted as an SLI/CF of the better card.

:)

The rules don't agree.... but the individual rules are the right approach (IMO)

OMG, HWB divided by zero!

I don't see the inconsistency. You flash one card (to like GTX470 from 465), and submit as a 465 (singlecard). You use a 465 flashed to a 470 together with a regular 470 in SLI, you submit as 2x 470 as the 2x highest card rule says 470 > 465 (comparing stock specs). You flash 2x 465 to 470, you submit as 2x 465, as both cards were 465's when they left the factory. Or did I miss something:confused:

ES not allowed (like in any of the competitions).

Socket is determined by the CPU. Bulldozer is AM3+, Thuban is AM3, Phenom I is AM2+ etc

Can one person sub multiple sockets?

Also, a 940BE should be considered AM2+, right?

When I checked last week, unless I was high or something (maybe?), AMD was a one sub competition, now I see otherwise :D