HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2012 thread.

teurorist

question; is the "Low-end NVantage" portion limited to ONLY PCIe cards?

It's this card: http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/geforce_gt_430/

So I think the answer to your question is "yes" :P

Can one person sub multiple sockets?

Also, a 940BE should be considered AM2+, right?

When I checked last week, unless I was high or something (maybe?), AMD was a one sub competition, now I see otherwise :D

- one person can only contribute to a stage once

- 940BE would be "AM2+", correct

I don't see any mention of prizes...are there any this year?

Still looking into it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the front page says:

"Stage 5 - Low-end NVantage: in this stage, you need to get the best possible average out of 5 scores with low-end Nvidia graphics cards in 3DMark Vantage Performance. The designated cards for this stage are: GeForce GT 220 GDDR3, GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 530 and GeForce GT 630."

Which one is right?

If it's "DDR3 only", then many people who already bought cards will be screwed up...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Yea, I was going to copy the same thing you did Infrared :)

My opinion.... not many people will be messed up. The GDDR5 category was only added yesterday and the existing GT630 leaderboard was dominated by a DDR3 card. I don't think many people are affected..... if any :)

I understand the problem with the categories here. The issue lies in our database structure and the code for the HCE. Essentially, each vga model has its own gpu_id and the HCE allows me to add limitations on vga model by using the gpu_id or a string of gpu_ids. In its current form, the engine does not support grouping vga models, so adding multiple GT 630's would allow users to use 3x GT 630 in the competition stage which conflicts with the idea of having to use 5 different generations.

I've just discussed this problem with Dennis and we have two possible solutions for this. He's looking at the code as I'm typing this to see if we can solve this within a reasonable timeframe and work effort.

Keep you posted!

Hey, database should be corrected, just A10-5800K and A10-5700 APU-s are recognised as FM2. I Submitted a score with A8-5600K, but it was not recognised as FM2.

Thanks, HGyu

Fixed!

Ok, now I understand why only PCI-E versions are allowed, the competition engine needs to be modified.

My main point was that you can expect rules are the same on the front page and the subcompetition page.

In fact they are not. There might be people who already bought GDDR5 version of the 630 to participate, based on the limitations on the front page.

If you correct the mistake now, they will be screwed, because the 630 GDDR5 card will be useless.

And no, we haven't bought any 630 yet.

Seeing as there is now a GT630 GDDR5 category, will a distinction be made as to which memory version is allowed, or is anything with "GT630" in the product name ok? :)

I just notice the same! wtf!?!

Only make submissions with a GeForce GT 220 GDDR3, GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 530, GeForce GT 630 DDR3 videocard.

So GDDR5 not allowed K404 :D

Hey this was changed in move! I was w/o GDDR3 when stage started!

Yea, I was going to copy the same thing you did Infrared :)

My opinion.... not many people will be messed up. The GDDR5 category was only added yesterday and the existing GT630 leaderboard was dominated by a DDR3 card. I don't think many people are affected..... if any :)

Not many till now!

I understand the problem with the categories here. The issue lies in our database structure and the code for the HCE. Essentially, each vga model has its own gpu_id and the HCE allows me to add limitations on vga model by using the gpu_id or a string of gpu_ids. In its current form, the engine does not support grouping vga models, so adding multiple GT 630's would allow users to use 3x GT 630 in the competition stage which conflicts with the idea of having to use 5 different generations.

I've just discussed this problem with Dennis and we have two possible solutions for this. He's looking at the code as I'm typing this to see if we can solve this within a reasonable timeframe and work effort.

Keep you posted!

Hey u cant change this since it was already anonced!?! I mean yes u can do it but is not right and moral! Just leave both free to use, its already too hard to find rest of cards.

What should i write in 2 RMA notes i have to fill for my GT 220 DDR2 and GT 630 GDDR5 as probelm "HWBOT CC 2012 Fail upon decision" ?

Question for 775 Stage :) Does it count if only used E8200-E8600= 5 submits, or does only one E8xxx count and we need E7xxx, E6xxx, E5xxx ?

E8200-E8600 is a perfectly legal combination.

Not the best though ... :P

1. Clone the gpu_id column into, say, pair_id.

2. Cards that belong in a 'category', like in this case 430PCIe + 430PCI get same pair_id.

3. Mod HCE to read pair_id instead of gpu_id.

4. Profit?

Yes, I really wish it was that simple.

Ok, now I understand why only PCI-E versions are allowed, the competition engine needs to be modified.

My main point was that you can expect rules are the same on the front page and the subcompetition page.

In fact they are not. There might be people who already bought GDDR5 version of the 630 to participate, based on the limitations on the front page.

If you correct the mistake now, they will be screwed, because the 630 GDDR5 card will be useless.

And no, we haven't bought any 630 yet.

At the time of competition configuration the GDDR5 category did not exist yet, hence there was only one GT 630. The HCE needs to be updated to support competition-specific hardware groups, yes, but that's not specific for this competition. The competition is configured to say "use 5 different cards from these 5 categories".

I did add the GDDR3 to indicate the correct GT 220 category and for the other 3 you can find a category 100% matching the name as shown on both contest and contest stage page.

Anyway, I updated the contest page.

Question for the AMD SuperPI 1M stage.

All five submitions have to be done with different users? Or I can do all five with AM3+, AM3..

Within a stage, a user can only contribute once to the country score. So, no, you can't do all five with AM3+.

Hey u cant change this since it was already anonced!?! I mean yes u can do it but is not right and moral! Just leave both free to use, its already too hard to find rest of cards.

So when am I the most right and moral: if both GDDR5 and DDR3 are allowed, or just the original category?

Change, in this case, would be trying to get the HCE to quickly support groups of cards so both DDR3 and GDDR3 would be supported. The GT 220 was indicated as GDDR3 on the contest as well as contest stage page so that's hwbot's fault.

So when am I the most right and moral: if both GDDR5 and DDR3 are allowed, or just the original category?

Change, in this case, would be trying to get the HCE to quickly support groups of cards so both DDR3 and GDDR3 would be supported. The GT 220 was indicated as GDDR3 on the contest as well as contest stage page so that's hwbot's fault.

I think it will be good for competitors to be able to use card no matter of memory, DDR2, GDDR3 or GDDR5. It will help more country to have all 5 submitions in this stage.

p.s. WOW now i get ur evil plan! U want only Belgium to have all 5 legit cards for this stage :evilgrin: jk :)