HWBOT Community Forums

Z77 + Vista...

Gunslinger

Anyone else having BSOD issues trying to Vista up and running with Z77 ? I'm using a retail image, of which I've tried several. Usually make it to installing Video drivers and then it goes to hell quickly. Prior to that, routine stuff "stops responding" installers fail ect; Just seems very unstable from the start.

I had no issues with Vista installation, but I used IDE mode. That's only difference I could imagine.

Performance should be better without any adjustments in 3DM05, so it sounds a bit weird to get 10K lower.

I hope there is some easy fix for that, cause I hate when things like that happen :D

I had no issues with Vista installation, but I used IDE mode. That's only difference I could imagine.

Performance should be better without any adjustments in 3DM05, so it sounds a bit weird to get 10K lower.

I hope there is some easy fix for that, cause I hate when things like that happen :D

Did you install the motherboard drivers or just the benches and OC apps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

my light OSes i used to use in the past dont install properly, gives me some error that it cant configure with hardware but with a full OS no drama... i guess im yanking something out of the OS it needs but you are seeing this on full OS?

my light OSes i used to use in the past dont install properly, gives me some error that it cant configure with hardware but with a full OS no drama... i guess im yanking something out of the OS it needs but you are seeing this on full OS?

Yes full OS from retail disk no SP's, full OS w/SP's from my TechNet account also.

If I try to use an image with SP's it goes into a BSOD loop after the last install restart.

AMD is scoring correctly in my air testing, Nvidia is scoring terrible.

3DM05

3770K at 5GHz + 2x 4870X2's = 50,000

3770K at 5GHz + 3x GTX 580's = 22,000

Same scenario for 2x Asrock Z77 OC Formula, 2x RVE, RVG, EVGA Z77 FTW