HWBOT Community Forums

[GIGABYTE-Z77] DDR Issue report

Hicookie

yea i messaged him and he tried slew 1 and was able to do 2400, then he went to cali lol.

Slews for memory chips:

Hynix: 1 or Auto

BBSE: 1 or auto

Samsung: 2+

PSC: 2+

Micron: Who cares?

Samsung worked perfect. 2800 booted with the 2666 XMP with no issue. I'm giving up on BBSE for the time being because I can't figure out if the sticks are bad or if the board doesn't like them.

I may try them on my OC Formula.

Slews fixed my issues right up, its definitely worth playing with to get stuff going.

If you were talking to me, I did mess with slews. Slew 1 got me 2400 9-11-9 2T semi stable. Sticks should be easily stable there, though.

Edit: tried up to slew 6.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

yea i messaged him and he tried slew 1 and was able to do 2400, then he went to cali lol.

Micron: Who cares?

really ? this is actually something i was hoping for since other mobos don't have one (profile/slew ),i guess GB is not interested in having one advantage over "other" boards

Edited by coolhand411

Guest Bullant
I'm fighting BBSE sticks right now. They were cake to clock on Z77-GD65 but this UD4H hates them. 2400 is hard and 50% doesn't boot.

Hey bass,ive found on both of my Gigabyte boards they seem too clock better on PSC rather then BBSE.Also Ive found on say the UD3H it is harder (but it can be done)to get 26 multi memory on low bin PSC sticks on air,where the UP5 is way easier to get the 26x multi on low bin PSC sticks.

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...