HWBOT Community Forums

Big Mess in Intel GMA Sections

• Crew

From time to time Ive been looking through these and I see lots of results in the wrong category's .

In the GMA HD (Clarkdale) section do people continuously posting results with sandybridge cpus and even some results with arrandale cpus.

The same for GMA HD mobile (Arrandale). People seems to dont know that there is no mobile sandy bridge section. As even the mobile one's are like the desktop HD2000 & HD3000 gpu's.

Ive been already reporting some of these but there are many and I hope that a result moderator can go through all of these.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

The situation in the GMA 950 mobile section is even more complicated.

There are lots of results with Intel Atom processors that have his own category. The name of this category seems to be also wrong as atom uses 945GSE and it seems that GPU-Z is reporting things incorrectly. To make things even more interesting there are also results with 64bit memory interface (non atom) resulting of single channel ram (because these devices have just one ram slot).

Also I dont understand the cryptic naming pattern. Wouldnt it be easier to make just 3 categorys like that:

Intel GMA 950 (desktop)

Intel GMA 950 (mobile)

Intel GMA 950 (mobile) 64bit

Well, I submitted it as GMA HD Mobile and that's what came back.

I just resubmitted it and now it's in the desktop section and it's a laptop cpu.

And sorry but no! Mobile Sandys are not like desktop Sandy's. So it needs it's own section period.

That's like saying a GTX680M is the same as a desktop GTX680. So no again.

So quite reporting and start helping to get it changed first. And since it has nothing to do with the user submitting, means it has to do with the categories listed.

• Crew

Hi,

it was not my intention to make you angry. But as a matter of fact your entry doesnt belong to this category. HD3000 is almost double speed, compared to clarkdale/arrendale.

Desktop and mobile Sandy's are technically the same. Both feature 12EUs.

But youre right that performance wise, these are not comparable. Maybe some of the mods find a solution.

On paper it is. In real life benching, it isn't. I might go for that if you gave me WR points for my mobile runs. :)

So a separate category please. Thanks.

If the spec sheet is in fact the same, then wouldn't it be just giving you twice the points for benching one card with a faster cpu (i.e. desktop) and a slower one (notebook) ?

That would be like giving out seperate points for benching a HD7970 with Intel i7 and Intel Core 2.

The GPU would be the same, you just want points for benching with a slower CPU, that doesn't make sense.

This only applies if both GPUs are identical.

As usual notebook gpus differ from their desktop alternatives I do understand the seperate category.

If this isn't the case with the HD3k/4k/5k then those categories you're asking for would be absolutely unneccesary.

Edited by Saturas

• 3 weeks later...
  • Crew
I will investigate but afaik the HD 2000/3000/4000 mobile is the exact same as the desktop version.

IIRC the HD3000 in the desktop variant has more options to change clock speed. Just like a free multi. The mobile chips remain at 650Mhz and lower. So actually this should qualify for an extra HD3000 mobile section, although this may be just a limitation by the mobile chipsets.

IIRC the HD3000 in the desktop variant has more options to change clock speed. Just like a free multi. The mobile chips remain at 650Mhz and lower. So actually this should qualify for an extra HD3000 mobile section, although this may be just a limitation by the mobile chipsets.

You are correct, the limitation is on the chipset-side. Only the Z77-based boards allow proper overclocking. All other chipsets are limited to spec overclocking (= turbo multipliers).

The HD3000 in a mobile chip is identical to the one in a desktop chip.