HWBOT Community Forums

nVidia clock limits in 3xx drivers

K404

Does anyone has contacts in Nvidia to ask about it? Cause if it's purpose action, it's not good for community.

Why is it not good for the community?

Fermi is out of production. Who *REALLY* cares about people who overclock old cards?

This bug/feature limits OC (good for nVidia) and makes Kepler look better (good for nVidia)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, saw it only last week when testing some GTX 5xx cards

I have been talking about this for 4 months and asked people to test things to validate/dispel my theory. Only I.nfraR.ed and Wellingthon posted.

*rolls eyes*

Why is it not good for the community?

Fermi is out of production. Who *REALLY* cares about people who overclock old cards?

This bug/feature limits OC (good for nVidia) and makes Kepler look better (good for nVidia)

I mean it's bad for OC community, I don't bench mostly old hardware, but a lot of ocers does :D Sometimes new drivers are a bit better than old ones...

If it affects all users and all cards equally, there is not a problem :) It levels the playing field better than any rule that HWB can come up with and it shows that it IS possible to have a fixed MHz challenge that people cannot cheat ;)

I see the positives sometimes :D

is there any driver that works

it's very important for the B class to MOA

For older Fermi card GTX 460 the only drivers that have no overclock limits are only this set of old drivers , ForceWare 290.53 W7 x64bit , as per my limited testing ,but since the GTX 560 448SP is newer me thinks only 300.xx drivers work on them meaning limited overclock 999mhz maximum and limited/cap performance at this low clocks, someone correct me if im wrong , I hope you guys can sort this out for those willing to use GTX560 448 for MOA class B , if not HD7790 will absolutly rule this class B :P.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2373326_chispy_3dmark_vantage___performance_geforce_gtx_460_(256bit)_24363_marks

imageid948908.jpg

nVidia managed to reproduce the problem in-house. It is not a feature it is a bug.

They are in process of figuring out the issue and fix it soon.

I will keep you updated in this thread.

I have a hard time believing this... but really, if they fix it it would be wonderful! 300 and newer drivers gives boost in 3dmark 11.