HWBOT Community Forums

EKWB and SF3D OC cooperation

SF3D

The only aluminum thing on that photo is the CPU pot extension and the memory adapters :)

what the hell is Exceleram doing in there? :D

What do we want? Exceleram!

When do we want it? Now!

Why? Because we are cheap bastards :D

Edited by tiborrr

Hi,looking good,just wondering how the memory pot is with volume wise.Have you had a chance to test the pot?does it hold Ln2 quite well?

No worries. There is plenty of room for ln2 and when that copper base will be in desired temperature range you will need very small amount of ln2 to keep it stable. If you like to run full pull, then you can fill it up and it will be just fine. Memory produce so little amount of heat, that you don't need swimming pool over them :D

Can hold a finger whole day long on that plastic, it also sweats very little. Insulation is a breeze, I have practically benched without it.

New video:

1166 6-11-8-27 1T (Tcwl=6) SuperPI 32M ain't so bad from these crappy PSCs @ 1.92Vdd @ - 120°C.

dsc1797c.jpg

Edited by tiborrr

Guest Bullant
No worries. There is plenty of room for ln2 and when that copper base will be in desired temperature range you will need very small amount of ln2 to keep it stable. If you like to run full pull, then you can fill it up and it will be just fine. Memory produce so little amount of heat, that you don't need swimming pool over them :D

Thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

If it is not heating element PSU's SCP will shut the power down, If it is heating element I think it is impossible to use it with high end PSUs with SCP & OCP & UVP & ... protections, In this case you should use a none-PFC low end PSU for running it. Depends on amperage and resistance of element, it may melt too. Cause your PSU output is DC, I extremely suggest not to use it with one PSU while your Titans and 3770 are working :D

I've used heating elements recently without any problem. Genesrally, they don't use much power (10-15W) and are designed to do what they do without burning out. :)

I bought some heating elements intended for truck wing mirrors and they're fine.

These will be better because they're designed for our PCB shapes :)

SCP/OCP/UVP won't care at all unless the elements are sized woefully wrong.

SCP is typically just a function of OCP. If the element has enough resistance that the PSU isn't being asked for more than it can give (look at those wires, it isn't), the PSU won't care at all.

OCP is over-current protection. Again, unless the element asks for more amps than the PSU can manage, it'll be fine. Given the wires, it'll be fine on anything.

UVP is under voltage protection, you don't generally get to that point unless OCP fails or the PSU fails. Sometimes UVP is used for SCP.

In any event, PSUs don't care in the slightest what kind of load is used, only how large the load is. Those heaters are far from a large load.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice on Roman!

Some critics for the design. The groove system and base size are not well balanced. I think you will not have optimal power handling / heat transfer with that design, cause you have thick base and relatively small surface area for ln2 :)

Of course, I might be wrong, cause I have just seen these pictures, but not the actual product in my own hands.

That plastic mounting bracket is not what I would like to see in 2012. It is so last season and I think we had a nice conversation about them during Cebit :D

I like the fact that you choose grooves as well to your product. It is always better than just holes, but there is still some improvements you need to do in to rev4.

and what's about 2013

it seams like money is changing opinions very fast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick run on the LGA-1155 platform. Had some coldbug problems at -185°C initially but solved that with some BIOS tweaks. Therefore we had to hold the temperature at -180°C which was no problem for this pot. The surface area to mass ratio is balanced out well.

Our EK-Thermocouple Type-K probes are great, dipped in LN2 they show -196 to ~ -197°C (depends on how well your thermometer is calibrated). We will start selling these in by mid June.