HWBOT Community Forums

EKWB and SF3D OC cooperation

SF3D

Moar reviews (non sampled) by _mat_:

http://www.overclockers.at/articles/the-show-must-go-on/page_3

Moar news for you:

http://www.ekwb.com/news/368/19/EK-SF3D-Triple-Point-EVO-UNI-Adapter-plate-released-new-revision-inbound/

New revision of EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO:

Working closely with extreme overclocking community EK Water Blocks will also be releasing a revised variant of EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO high performance system memory (RAM) liquid nitrogen evaporation cooler for competitive overclockers. This new revision will feature aluminium top extension (as opposed to POM Acetal used in current version) to allow the use of high-power heat guns and flame torches, used by overclockers for warming up of the unit thus eliminating the concern expressed by some users. The new aluminium top will also offer 30% more internal volume while keeping the same footprint allowing even faster initial pull-down ramp rate.

The unit's aluminium top extension will feature a black anodized finish and will visually mimic it's POM predecessor.

Customers of the current revision of EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO will be able to get the new, revised aluminium extension free of charge (shipping and customs fees apply). The revised version will be available for purchase on July 15th 2013.

TPEF-1_1200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

4-10-7-22 @ 2520Mhz 1.825v -60c Thanks to my new EK mem pot! Tried for 2720Mhz all the way up to 2 volts but might need more cold. Cant wait for the new rev that can hold more acetone and hoping the aluminium top extension will be taller. As it is right now the POM top is a little tricky to bring the temps down without spilling.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2402025_threedhero_3dmark03_radeon_hd_7970_182278_marks

Edited by Threedhero

Thanks for the input. This kit went down to 5-6cl on haswell and a gigabyte board. So 4cl might not be correct but im no mem guru.

For this session i used Asrock OCF if you look at the sub you can see how i prepped the board. I used vaseline on the board and mem sticks themselves after taking the cooler off the mem and paste on each mem pad. Plus a delta fan pulling air away from them.

I was able to run for about 2hrs before the system started to act funny.

Great videos Vivi! Will post them on SF3D OC fb site soon.

Please all users, remember that you still need to use some sort of insulation around the mounting mechanism.

Depending on humidity and other factors you will get some water around parts when you go below -100C.

That can be avoided pretty easily by using simple insulation like this:

insulation%20s.jpg

Over there I have heating element next to motherboard PCB. 10mm armaflex sheet cutted to similar shape as mounting base.

Then I usually wrap one layer of insulation tape around the mounting part (No need to attach) and use thick insulation around the aluminum extension part.

This way you can bench hours and hours without worries of water. Please remember that mounting creates airtight pocket for CPU, so there is no chance to get water over there.

Extra insulation will just prevent water sliding down the pot to PWM or other critical components on motherboard.

Memory pot is another story and over there I suggest to use maximum insulation on motherboard and around the pot.

The plates transfer cold very effectively so your motherboard will be quite frosty in a minutes :)

Latest ASRock OC Formula with coating is great idea as it takes a lot of stress away from your extreme oc sessions.

Thanks for the input. This kit went down to 5-6cl on haswell and a gigabyte board. So 4cl might not be correct but im no mem guru.

For this session i used Asrock OCF if you look at the sub you can see how i prepped the board. I used vaseline on the board and mem sticks themselves after taking the cooler off the mem and paste on each mem pad. Plus a delta fan pulling air away from them.

I was able to run for about 2hrs before the system started to act funny.

For DDR3, the lowest timing that can be set for CL is 5. Most boards that allow you to set 4 actually set CL9 (figured out through testing by the community).

I honestly cannot remember where this was all figured out. I think it was over at XS.

@tiorrr i was hoping the pot would be a little taller since pulling down temps with acetone can be tricky to not splash. I found that its best to run acetone about 1/4 inch above the raisers to get the best temps with dry-ice.

Having said that very impressed with kit and enjoying it.

@bass Thanks for the clarification

My last session i played with new EK triple point memory pot.

Memory used was gskill pi 2200 C7(psc) and cooling was dry ice.As you can see,mounting contact with plates is very good,quality of manufacturing is top-notch.

End results was pretty good i think: 2666 6-11-6 twcl 6 all nice and tight

Operating temperature was -60(idle) and went down to -52 after 32M run.Bare in mind memory had a voltage of 2.16V,not a walk in the park.

My first memory experience under dice was with sf3d old triple point.Comparing these 2 at first you might say give internal volume the new EK will not perform well.WRONG!While the old sf3d pot dimm temperature went to -45 after a 32M run in same conditions the new ek triple point beat it by 7 degrees with smaller internal volume but also easier to mount near a big cpu pot.

Quality of manufacturing is obviously excellent and i am impressed by this product.The new revision promises 30% more internal volume and some other tweaks,should be a blast to play with!

d69n.jpg

5l7z.jpg

s57c.jpg

kmv7.jpg

pgvp.jpg

bsjj.png

• Thanks 1