HWBOT Community Forums

EKWB and SF3D OC cooperation

SF3D

• 2 weeks later...

I finally benched seriously Hasfail platform, this time using EK-SF3D Inflection Point EVO & EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO

1. Mounting system works great, it's easy and fast (but you need to get used to it after using old brackets).

2. CPU and MEM pots don't freeze motherboard as much as much bigger pots, but still handle 4770K Hasfail very well in 2D benchmarks.

3. During OC I was using HEAT system, not sure if it helped, but I could bench my Hasfail longer with full MHz (6.5+ SPI32M) before it gets "tired" and loses stability at full MHz, normally it happens after 30-40 minutes, and I benched 2+ hours without any stability loss.

4. Isolation on board for CPU pot is a piece of cake ;)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

1008707.jpg

Edited by Xtreme Addict

• Crew

I like the pots overall too,

the only "complaint" i would have is the mounting system is too complicated for quick installation, like at a live competition swapping out CPU's might take a bit long, i would prefer a traditional mounting system too just for the quick experienced bencher! The pot handles my cpu great on cinebench so the functionality of the pot is perfect

I know what you mean Vivi, but if you have screwdriver with correct head it is actually a lot faster than anything before. Maybe we need to do a video of CPU swap :D

The small tool which comes in a package is not very handy in real life situation, that part I agree :)

E: Very nice result in 32m Michal and with retail CPU!

I like the pots overall too,

the only "complaint" i would have is the mounting system is too complicated for quick installation, like at a live competition swapping out CPU's might take a bit long, i would prefer a traditional mounting system too just for the quick experienced bencher! The pot handles my cpu great on cinebench so the functionality of the pot is perfect

It's very fast, but you need to have screwdriver (not this small allen key which is in accessories, it's not handy for very "fast" remounting) or replace screws for bigger like I did (cause I have fat fingers and small screws, especially from dram pot is very hard for me to "aim" into holes, and I personally don't like allen key type screws ;) )

screws.JPG

@Petri

CPU is not bad for a retail Hasfail :D and so far it works and didn't degrade!

BTW

During SF3D Gathering, we used EK-SF3D Inflection Point EVO with LGA 2011 setup.

lga2011.jpg

You can imagine how hot this beast is when you have 1.7v + -35*C bench temperature ;)

• 3 weeks later...

DDR3-4078 on retail chip by Moonman and myself: http://www.ekwb.com/news/390/19/EK-SF3D-gear-DDR3-4078-reached-new-AMD-mounting-available/

Benching at -185°C with our aluminum module adapters (plates) on the memory is a breeze. With copper adapters we can probably go full pull, to ~ -195°C, we will try this today.

Zu6Uo8U.jpg

JxD09An.jpg

Moonman: "I booted at DDR3-3960"

tiborrr: "Okay, i'll check whether it survives POST"

Guy in the background: "No wai bro!"

Edited by tiborrr