HWBOT Community Forums

Computex 2013: Who Is Going? These are the OC events!

Massman

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

K me and gamer booked our flight(s)

We arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 10th in the evening

Now we found a cheap spot ( thx to Pj ) to stay in... there's room for up to 10 persons, though there are only 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms...

Total price for the entire appartment during our stay would be 1000 euros approx (for up to 5 pers). For more (10) it's about 1150 euros for the appartment

But if we can get some extra roomies, the price per person will go down drastically

2 persons for the mentioned period +/- 500/person

4 persons " " +/- 250/person

Only 5 minutes walk from the Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT Station, you can visit most hotspots in Taipei very easily, such as Taipei 101, Ximending, the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, Taipei Main Station etc., all within 10-20 minutes of public transportation.

Around the apartment, you'll find the SOGO Department Store, numerous other malls including the famous Breeze Center, and many small shopping streets within the Da'an District. In the evening, you can roam around the nearby Shida Night Market where you can find a wide array of local street food at very reasonable prices. Apart from the delicious food and snacks, you can also enjoy treasure hunting for handmade jewelries, distinctive clothing, self-made shoes, etc.

The apartment itself is delightfully and comfortably decorated and has all the amenities that you would need:

- Air-conditioning

- LCD Television

- Shampoo and Body Wash

- Hair Dryer

- Refrigerator

- Slippers

- Wifi Internet

- Safe

- Universal Plug

- Water Boiler

No Towels and Toothbrush

Anyone game ? (not gay) We have not booked yet !!

Yes we are gay : Me and Gamer ( if we still have the place once we book it )

Hesitating Germans : SOF & Der8auer

We will try to book it at last on friday the 8th of February...

Edited by Leeghoofd

K me and gamer booked our flight(s)

We arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 10th in the evening

I might regret that but count me in for the time!

Can't leave thoose Belgium guys "lost alone in Taipeh"...:D

"Fear and Loathing in Taiwan"...wonder if that will make a good story :P

I'll get in touch with the guy from that house to maybe get a better look and figure a better deal ... not that far of a drive.

SoF in Taiwan ... craaaazy! :D

//edit: got a reply, trying to arrange a meeting to check it out. It's close to the Luxy/Dunhua area - lots of places to go eat (and drink) and close to the MRT line straight to Computex.

//edit2: okay, setting a meet, might be able to reserve today already :).

Could try!

As for that rental place - I'm going to check it out in ~ 1h30m. If good, I can arrange the reservation tonight. If you're interested in this, please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The more people join, the lower the price (down to maybe 25-50€) ... pretty cheap!

Alright, went to check out the place. It's pretty perfect! Cheap, close to the center, close to MRT (same line like Computex venue - about 15 minutes commute!). It's actually just one floor of an appartment building that we'd be renting. At the moment, there is room for 7 people: 3x double bed, 1x single bed. If needed the owner can add another matress to fit two more people. There's a table, micro-wave, showers in every room and a small living room area too. The total cost to rent the place from June 1st till June 14 (two weeks) is ~ $60k NTD, which is about $4300 NTD a day or €108 / $146 USD. Per person, that comes down to:

• 1 person: €108 or $146
  • 2 people: €54 or $73
  • 3 people: €36 or $49
  • 4 people: €27 or $37
  • 5 people: €22 or $30
  • 6 people: €18 or $25
  • 7 people: €16 or $21

Now, I managed to get an option to rent that expires on Friday because it would be rented out not just during computex, but also the week after. They also asked me to put a down-payment of 50%, which is not a problem. Since the place is pretty damn cheap for the location, I'm willing to take it if there's at least three people confirm to stay there. So, if you want to get stay in this appartment, please post in this thread AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Some pictures:

Novel idea renting an apartment for Computex, lots cheaper than a hotel room.

I am hoping to be there for the show and should be around afterwards so I could hang out and overclock ^^ My time will be limited since I'll be there working but you never know.