HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI 3DMark Challenge thread.

Massman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good competition and a great way to show off the new 3DMark!. Not to look at the gift horse and kick him in the balls but I find it disturbing that to enter the contest you need a MSI Z77 motherboard when all of the prizes are MSI Z77 motherboards.

I guess this contest will be for the fame, fortune and hand-me-downs. ^^

Sadly no MSI Z77 in my box of hardware so, I'll just have to sit this one out. *grabs popcorn*

I still think this sort of mobo require is silly at best, personally.

I can understand advertising, but come on.

Agreed. I've never understood these competitions. If they want to get people to use MSI, the way to do so is to give a board/GPU to the winner that doesn't already have an MSI board/GPU. Then maybe they'll use it and become MSI customers.

....but what do I know?

Agreed. I've never understood these competitions. If they want to get people to use MSI, the way to do so is to give a board/GPU to the winner that doesn't already have an MSI board/GPU. Then maybe they'll use it and become MSI customers.

....but what do I know?

Same idea here. Would indeed be better to allow all kinds of boards. But on the other hand. If you want to join you need to buy a board (+1 user). If you win, you can sell the board or give it to a friend (+1). End result for MSI: +2 users.

Don't have an MSI so no luck. Maybe I should consider buying one......... +1;-)

I still think this sort of mobo require is silly at best, personally.

I can understand advertising, but come on.

actually UNFAIR is the word; I understand MSI board and MSI vcard .. but does it have to be "latest" MSI board ? what the ... a chance to win a Z77 board, if you already have a Z77 board LOL

I got the card. LOL. Am not about to buy the board to lose on both fronts!

You're in the same boat as me, I'd participate if it didn't have the motherboard requirement, seems kind of silly to buy yet another Z77 board when Haswell is so close. I've got both 680 Lightnings and 7970 Lightnings but no MPower.