HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI 3DMark Challenge thread.

Massman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some issues...but it can happen even in other benchs....

Here worked well.... everytime I got bad scores was just change and fix the settings....so.. will be all right.

Pretty nice benchmark

With more time... 12k is possible I think

Edited by rbuass

I surrender with this benchmark. I don't understand it. The efficient runs are simply "lucky runs" in my opinion, that's all, I thought it needs very big stability to score good but nope, it doesn't. I can not reproduce my best run, which was in fact on low clocks even with much bigger clocks...

Gave it one last try just now & failed. Ran 11.1k & was going to compare the new driver & it would only boot with the vga driver after the install. Trying to fix it & the board stopped getting power.

I gotta start remembering to at least save the test runs when they are better than my current scores, although it wouldn't help much here.

Okay, updating MSI later today (awaiting some information) with the winner info. They will make a news item about it later this week, which you will be able to find on the front page.

- Winner: Rbuass

- Runner-up: Gyrock

- Lucky Draw: Cagrimir (for this submission: http://hwbot.org/submission/2353621)

As some of you already know, there was a problem with Xtreme Addict's result, which was done with an non-MSI graphics card. For those that like to rant and complain, you can check out the thread here. Even though the result is not valid and is removed from the competition, since the competition stage was confusing MSI will prepare a second Z77A-GD80 for Xtreme Addict.

Sorry for the confusion and let's do it perfect next time! :)

That's a very good solution, I like it :) But I was also fine with the solution, that I could try to score 2nd with Lightning, with no hard feelings if I fail. But it's easier for me :D

Please next time add all limitations in stage details, most of us look mostly on those requirements, even add rule "ES not allowed" cause almost in every contest topic there are questions about it

even obvious info, it's better to write more points with simple words than catching rules from marketing press release

Examples:

"MSI board only"

"MSI gpu only"

"only single gpu"

"only Z77 boards"

"use only Mpower Z77 to score for prizes"

"all MSI Z77 boards are valid for lucky draw"

"no ES"

"use special background"

"link to ORB required"

"tess off is allowed in AMD drivers"

"photo of benching rig is required"

"use only hw which was launched and available before contest launch"

"Titan is not allowed"

"submit result before 10/02/2013 to take part in lucky draw"

"all tweaks have to be valid with hwbot rules and terms"

I can't think about more, those rules/limitations in stage page would be very clear and there wouldn't be any doubts

Edited by Xtreme Addict