HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark3 Wrapper V2 BUG Thread

Massman

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello genieben there is a bug with the last version of aquamark on my Acer travelmate 2312lm with sis m661mx chipset.

When i lunch it, Windows report an error and aquamark crash.

I try different solutions and finally i find a register file to lunch your aquamark luncher gui without any system info. :)

I was happy but when finally i lunch the bench the screen became black and few seconds later it return me on desktop.

So the bench doesn't start...

My notebook have Celeron m360@default with sia m661mx igpu, winXp sp3 with no mods.

edit: i think that the problem is a bug of the gui because the file "log.txt" says:" no valid benchmark configuration found"

And on gfx information on resolution the log show 800x600 and not 1024x768 like default setting...

Edited by Stermy57

Hi Stermy.

For you first problem, help me get info on why the SystemInfo crashes:

open a cmd window in the installation folder and run following commands:

1. dmid.dll >> dmi.txt

2. gpuz.dll -dump gpuz.txt

3. dxdiag /t C:\dxdiag.txt

Send me the files on facebook or email.

As for 800x600, try running in MANUAL mode.

Hi Stermy.

For you first problem, help me get info on why the SystemInfo crashes:

open a cmd window in the installation folder and run following commands:

1. dmid.dll >> dmi.txt

2. gpuz.dll -dump gpuz.txt

3. dxdiag /t C:\dxdiag.txt

Send me the files on facebook or email.

As for 800x600, try running in MANUAL mode.

Hi genieben :) For the first bug no problem i do it later :)

For the second problem i run it on Manual mod, aquamark start but when it show me the aquamark's menu i can't use any command :(

The Keyboard and mouse doesn't work, i must restart My system.

It's so strange... My notebook work but i can't do anything

I find the solution for the second problem :)

If you try to run it on realtime mod you can't use the "manual mod".

You can run aquamark's wrapper on realtime mod only on default settings.

But i have found another bug....

When the bench was finished the wrapper crash on Manual mod

Edited by Stermy57

I find the solution for the second problem :)

If you try to run it on realtime mod you can't use the "manual mod".

You can run aquamark's wrapper on realtime mod only on default settings.

But i have found another bug....

When the bench was finished the wrapper crash on Manual mod

OK, please give it a try with beta of 2.54 and send me the log.txt created in installation folder after it crashes.

Realtime is usually a bad choice for any application, especially GUI based ones. You should only use it for CLI applications that do all their work without any 3rd parties, and explorer.exe killed.

Guys, seriously, these 2.5x wrappers... :(

My problem is summarised here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=284085&postcount=12

I also tried 2.54, but that gives me different error messages, as attached ('1' and after hitting enter '2'). I also checked, but there is no log.txt file anywhere in the install folder. Then I managed to run it somehow, but now it does not save the result anywhere. I assume my problem is similar to the linked topic.

Can someone please upload my 2.25 results, If I send them?

Edited by joshua7

Hi Joshua,

The issue is your hungarian localization, it only works with 2.53 or with english Special Folders (My Documents etc). As for the screenshots attached, I identified the issue with the installer and will fix it, but the link was just for Stermy :)

thanks genieben i try it later ;)

OK, please give it a try with beta of 2.54 and send me the log.txt created in installation folder after it crashes.

Realtime is usually a bad choice for any application, especially GUI based ones. You should only use it for CLI applications that do all their work without any 3rd parties, and explorer.exe killed.

The log.txt file show me this:

[2013-12-22T11:43:31] background set

[same date] Ideal thread count: 1

[same date] settings read and applied

[same date] systeminfo is enabled

[same date] dxdiag launched: 1

Sorry i wrote the log.txt file because i write this Message with My Nokia 520 .

With it i can't post any photos :/

It should be mentioned or fixed, that the wrapper need WinXP with somewhat higher servicepack. I used it with WinXP SP1.0a (czech win) and get this error when attempting to start it:

HWbot_Aquamark_XP_Sp1_0a.jpg

After installed WinXP SP3 (czech win) and added the "desktop" folder (as I described there: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?p=285574 ), it works just fine.

The original worked well on Win2k SP4 :) I would be inclined to thing that the OS requirments of benchmarks should NOT be increased. Especially on old HW is XP SP3 notably slower that Win2k SP4.

Qt Framework (v4.2) or use Microsoft's old VC6

I would vote for the M$ VC6, as NET Framework is used to inject trojans. Since v2 the injection works...

See there:

Grieve_Crypter.png

Features: 100% FUD 0/35, NEW! File binder that supports any filetype and only executes once., Icon Changer, NEW! Fake error message, Startup w/Custom Startup Name, Scantime and Runtime, 32 and 64 Bit Compatible, .Net File Support, Builder needs .Net Framework 3.5, Encrypted files need .Net Framework 2.0

Andromeda v2 + ALL PLUGINS

Communication between the bot and the control panel are encrypted using RC4. During the installation you do not need administrator privileges or UAC to jump. This process is protected to prevent bot can be removed from the system. Firewall Bypassea and injected into a trusted process. When properly installed, the exe will automatically be deleted. It works on systems from XP to 7, including x64. Weight is approximately 10KB file. Bypassea more proactive anti-virus.

Andromeda bot

Description:Flexible modules bot. Based on this product, you can build a botnet with extremely diverse opportunities. (...) Works line from WinXP to Win7, including x64 systems. Small size, written entirely in assembly language.

Andromeda_botnet.jpg Andromeda_botnet2.jpg

Moose83 -

For me security is more important than compatblity...

And since when you need so called "security" on benchmark? (or benchmark machine for this case)

Either you did not trust the wrapper (then no OS version will save you) or you can still use WinXP SP3 or whatever you damn well please to have your "security." No one is forcing you to use Win2k or any other OS you want. But on the other hand, I did not see as good idea to force users to use WinXP SP3 for Aquamark3 HWbot benchmark, when the original works well on Win2k SP4! So the suggestion is about not forcing users to use WinXP SP3. You can still use any OS and have your "security" you want.

And as I demonstrated above, hacking tools require NET Framework and Win XP (mostly with higher servicepacks). No W2k support, so... go figure.

And not ask me where I get this - and be absolutely sure that I will not using such things - mainly because I like to run W2k :D

(ok, typing this now on WinXP SP3 (grrrr) because of WOT :( )

Hi Joshua,

The issue is your hungarian localization, it only works with 2.53 or with english Special Folders (My Documents etc). As for the screenshots attached, I identified the issue with the installer and will fix it, but the link was just for Stermy :)

So, what now? :) They don't work properly, anything from 2.5x. Can my 2.25 score be uploaded, as obviously I cannot do that myself. Or shall I just forget this bench?

Localization bug was fixed, upgrade your copy to 2.54.

2.25 scores are no longer eligible since September.

Will give it a try, OK. Too bad I don't have the hardware at hand anymore to rerun.

Would be awesome if the old ones would not be abandoned till the new ones are that buggy.

I use WinXP SP3. The benchmark runs as it should and I can save result. However, so far all saved results are impossible to get verified when trying to submit result on the hwbot site. I get the message "Invalid data file: Unable to decrypt the datafile". I have latest version of the wrapper.

Any suggestions what can be my problem?

I run the 2.53.108 with the "desktop" directory trick to make it work on non-english WinXP ... and hapilly I can submit the scores:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2473240_trodas_aquamark_geforce_fx_5600_xt_9712_marks

I only blame the poor HW recognition:

Aquamark3_HWbot_submission_errors.jpg

...but as long, as I can fix it by editing the submited score later, then all is fine. You hardly can expect the program to know all the weird HW you can run Winblows on... so as long, as the edit is fine, then I'm happy - except it can't run on Win2k, witch is _BAD_ speedwise.

Easpecially on low-end systems like the Duron 750MHz, downlocked to 500MHz...

GENiEBEN -

In "AUTO" mode should be impossible to get this error, but in MANUAL mode (which is recommended for such old cards) Aquamark MIGHT disable AA and/or AF if card can't handle them, therefore getting the error. You could help me here by running the benchmark without wrapper and sending me a zipped copy of your My Documents\Aquamark3 folder to analyze it.

I soldered some caps on my FX5600XT, so I give it a try in the Duron "750" machine at Aquamark. No O/C yet, but this should be insanely good O/C, because I replaced caps to polymer Nichicons and added caps and added 17pcs of 10uF SMD caps near the rams (soldered them ON the existing SMD caps! Real hardcore, since these are 0805 size - eg. 2mm long and 1,25mm wide pieces!!! Try stacking them while soldering!) and the card already show shocking potencial of O/C - something from 234MHz core to 375MHz rock stable! And the Hynix ram chips can go from 200MHz to 268MHz w/o any added caps or mods...!

But at this point is my personal goals with this 5600XT card irelevant. What is relevant is the "manual" run.

So, it will help you, when I get back the Vanta LT card and since then the wrapper will fail, to run the Aquamakr3 by alone, providing you the zipped Documents\Aquamark3 folder? That could help? I gotta do it then. If you want me to run anything more when the Vanta LT is present, then let me know ;)

Off to replace the FX5600XT to Vanta LT...

PS: Vanta LT is back in the V266B Jetway mobo, all seems working. The HWbot wrapper did again fail to fork, complaining about "NON-DEFAULT SETTINGS" ... So I deleted the Aquamark3 folder in the documents and went for the original Aquamark3. When started, I choose the "Select measurment" (first option on the graphic page) and from the there choices I picked up the choice 1 - therefore 1024x768 and with 4x Anisotropic filtering.

And this is working! I watching the Aquamark3 right now on the Vanta LT and it does work even with the default settings for the "1" option...! It is not very fast (frankly, about 2fps right now - it is sluggish at best) but it works! Interesting.

The FX5600XT was a hell lot faster, lol. Will post the zipped wanted folder when it does finish the run.

Aquamark3 run finished:

Aquamark3_Vanta_LE_run.jpg

(this is pretty sad, because with the wrapper it not work, w/o it it work just fine, even the Vanta LT is not exactly fast card, lol)

Included the zipped folder - 1.5MB to 300k... hope this helps. Cannot wait for more testing to be done to fix the problem.

Edited by trodas

@trodas

I will will try to buy some old cards to test (oldest I have right now is a Gf3Ti200) and see what the problem is. Btw, please do all the testing on 2.54 so I can rule out the localization bugs. Can you also send me the log.txt created by wrapper (v2.54 only)?

Any suggestions what can be my problem?

Send me one of the files to check it.

It probably did not help much, as the HWbot wrapper works fine with the ATI Radge 3D Pro 128, yet fail miserably with nVidia Vanta LT. On same windows, using same HW - just swap the cards and it fail miserably. Therefore you need only the 16MB Vanta LT card and you can get that for free :)

2.54? Uhm... okay, I go there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwbotaquamark3/files/

...and get it. Hardly there could be any improvements, but... I check it out.

...installing...

Anyway, the Vanta LT is pretty sluggish cardie at best. Slightly downclocked to 56/56MHz it does only 194 marks in 3DMark 2001 :D

3_DMark01_194_Vanta_LE_56_56run.jpg

ROFL!

Back to v2.54 if the wrapper.

1 - it still created there files, marked in red, in the install directory where the install exe is started:

Aquamark3_install_created_this_chaos.jpg

Pretty much chaotic, huh?

2 - it still fail to run miserably, compaining about the "NON-DEFAULT SETTINGS" BS:

Aquamark3_HWbot_fail_to_run.jpg

3 - including the log files, hope they helps.

BTW, why this wrapper is getting bigger and bigger? :confused:

PS. fixed my error claiming the card is Vanta LE, when it is Vanta LT. Oh, well..

Edited by trodas