HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark3 Wrapper V2 BUG Thread

Massman

Ok, will order that card.

Figured out the Win2K issue, it's basically Microsoft limiting the support for VC++ 2010 to XP SP2 and newer. If you're dedicated to W2K, find msvcr100.dll instead of using the installer and then use KDW on it.

Also found a bug in 2.54, DO NOT USE SCREENSHOT JPG OPTION under Windows XP / 2003.

Will release one final version this year, and then start working on an alternate build for Win98/W2K ;)

1 - it still created there files, marked in red, in the install directory where the install exe is started:.

It's a bug of VC 2008 redis. I can not upgrade to 2008 SP1 tho as it might break OpenSSL.

Edited by GENiEBEN

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Order? LOL You probably rather find it on scrapyard somewhere... I got mine from friend with broken off two main caps from it, still working. Soldered one replacement, waiting for another. Still working, lol.

(overheating a lot, completely w/o heatsink - the green PCB under the chip from other side had turned brown, lol)

If I ever want to O/C the card, then I need a serious heatsink. At 100/125MHz default it is hot as hell, even when 120mm fan at 7V is blowing the air at the card from nearby PCI slots...

Jetway_V266_B_5.jpg Jetway_V266_B_6.jpg

(you can see the missing cap, lol)

M$ is limiting backwards compatibility? Not uncommon at all. Good reason why not let them to do it...

The KDW package is looking very promising, thanks for the link! However in this case I rather wait and assist you to make the wrapper functional on Vanta LT and then on Win2k... but drivers for my HP laser printer that refuse to work under Win2k could be a good target to KDW usage! :)

Chaotic files after install - bug of VC 2008 redist? Another reason to drop this and move to something that works, IMHO.

//minor rant, when looking at the score - these cards support PCIE v3.0 at x16... yet they run at PCIE v1.1 at x8...

That is just sad. But the score are very high... yet no wonder - 5GHz i7, dual 7900 cards... this must fly and make the bench in matter of seconds :)

Not sure how much of an affect this is on scores/points but I have just installed the newest version and did a run with some 7950 in Xfire but Aqua picks it/them up as 8950??. I edited manually to 7950 but again not sure of the affect on scores.

Here's the sub http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2474387_

Please take a screenshot for me, like this example:

devman.png

//minor rant, when looking at the score - these cards support PCIE v3.0 at x16... yet they run at PCIE v1.1 at x8...

That is just sad. But the score are very high... yet no wonder - 5GHz i7, dual 7900 cards... this must fly and make the bench in matter of seconds :)

Not sure what the PCIE reporting has to do with the score, but someone correct me here most 4770k @50x will get 400k+ scores?

I would like to report, that the latest v2.54.109 HWbot Aquamark3 worked fine on the very same hardware, on witch it fail miserably when nVidia Vanta LT is used. I just put FX 5600 XT there and all worked well:

Aquamark3_HWbot_15849.jpg

...saving the fire correctly to my desktop. So far, so good.

But... there is always "but."

First at all, where is the screen? Usually, the submited scores contained the screenshot. Now the file is very small and no screenshot?

So I was like okay, I provide screenshot in a link (luckily I saved it!) and edit the scores, after all, the mainboard is not AMD but Jetway and the score need to be tied with the correct mobo, so...

BUT!!!

Aquamark

Please run Aquamark now at default settings. If you need more info, read more about Aquamark here (opens in a new window).

WTF!

I cannot even modify the setting when using the HWbot wrapper, then why it keep telling me this BS?! And why the edit does not work?

It should be corrected:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2476519_trodas_aquamark_geforce_fx_5600_xt_15849_marks

PS. oh yes, after 5min of waiting and swearing it is finally corrected. Ugh. This is insane...

So, why these problems and droping the screenshot? IMHO it is important. Mainly because the CPU identification and stuff works much better now...

Oh, I did not choosed anything, I just run it and then press the save button and that was it... :) I now noticed you mentioned some bug out there... My bad! :)

At least I have reason to move the card to more serious computer and retry, if 395MHz for core clock is not possible stable :)

400MHz failed.

Same board and OS, changed the GPU.

All of the below was done in one boot

*Removed and reinstalled AM3

*open wrapper and click start: wrapper crashes

*changed Run mode to Manual, Hide logo, OSD Stats and Hide reset error all set to False: AM3 runs, gives a score within AM3, wrapper crashes upon exit

*Changed run mode back to Auto: AM3 runs, gives score within wrapper

*Run mode back to Manual: AM3 runs, gives a score within AM3, wrapper crashes upon exit

*Changed run mode back to Auto: AM3 runs, gives score within wrapper

*set run mode back to "true" : AM3 runs, gives score within wrapper

*Set OSD Stats back to "true": AM3 runs, gives score within wrapper

*Set "Hide reset error" back to "true": AM3 runs, gives score within wrapper

*thought "WTH?"

*Removed and reinstalled wrapper

*Pressed start, AM3 runs, gives score in wrapper

*brain explodes

Guest barbonenet

i have found a bug!

i install wrapper with 8 thread active; when i disable ht, and i start wrapper, the affinity of cores is very muddler!!!!!

can you try it geni? thanks

I gotta report that the latest wrapper (v2.55.110) works fine on WinXP SP3 czech (32bit) at Operon 148 - w/o a single glitch:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2484330_trodas_aquamark_geforce_8600_gt_256mb_gddr3_97236_marks

(and fastest score for the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe as well, witch is LOL, because the 8600 GT is crap and I did not even overclock it yet - only replaced caps for polymers, not even improved cooling, nothing...)