HWBOT Community Forums

Aquamark3 Wrapper V2 BUG Thread

Massman

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With older AGP cards I frequently get the "Non-Default-Settings" error which doesn't permit the benchmark to run. Even with freshly installed drivers and default settings there.

Right at the moment I got the prob with a MX440-8x 64 bit. Some fix yet? Always annoying when you can't complete your benchmark set cause of cranky AM3.

With older AGP cards I frequently get the "Non-Default-Settings" error which doesn't permit the benchmark to run. Even with freshly installed drivers and default settings there.

Right at the moment I got the prob with a MX440-8x 64 bit. Some fix yet? Always annoying when you can't complete your benchmark set cause of cranky AM3.

It's always an issue with this bloody old cards because they don't work with default settings so wrapper complains. I will change the behaviour to accept non-default settings but clearly print them in interface.

It's always an issue with this bloody old cards because they don't work with default settings so wrapper complains.

I disagree. I did not want to cause any stir, but I do believe that the original Aquamark3 will run for Masterchief79 just fine, as it did for me on the nVidia Vanta LT. I would suggest him to try and report back. I do believe that there is some wrapper error...

Because these cards are somewhat crappy (Vanta LT = no no, for me - I put there ATI Rage 3D Pro 128 (yet another crap card) and it worked just fine w/o reinstalling windows or HWbot Aquamark wrapper or changing anything else) ...

And what is even more important, that the original Aquamark 3 run at default settings on the pesky Vanta LT.

That itself seems to prove that the settings are irellevent - eg. get reported as "can't work with default settings:, but in fact it work when started alone.

Edited by trodas

Indeed, it does. The original AM3.exe always works, unless some drivers aren't properly installed or the hardware just isn't capable of running the bench (not DX6-compatible). So that's fine there. Just the wrapper reports the Non-Default-Settings Error with some older cards.

If it would help you, I could make a list, I've got quite a few cards here.

Any chances of getting it to work with newer drivers? And thanks for help so far, didn't really expect an answer so quickly ;)

I was ready to bet on that. Because all the time the percieved reason why there is the failure with the Vanta LT card was, that the card cannot handle the default settings. I hardly can object about it, because the card is so old, so it seems reasonable.

Then it turned out, that w/o wrapper it just run fine at default settings.

And to make things even worser, just replacing it for another so so old card, ATI Rage 3D Pro 128 make things instantly work (using the wrapper). And then I put the Vanta LT there again and it still does not work. Beats me :) Maybe the wrapper did not like old nVidia cards? On 6800GS/8600GT it just run fine, on the top of all that.

This might be something for you.

Your wrapper says HD4600, but Im pretty sure its done with his GTX770. Seems like detection needs a little fine tuning.

Well for starters he's using an old version that is no longer supported.

As for detection, the GPU info is provided by GPU-Z, which always puts the IGP first, so in a IGP+Dedicated the default card used in submission form will be the IGP. Haven't found a workaround yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
seems to be broken in XP x64

dcfDWcE.jpg

tried running without wrapper and same error

Getting this same error in Windows 7 64 bit.

Runs fine with older card, just not 780 ti... Anybody know how to get this working?

Tried all different drivers.. SP1 and non SP1. Different versions of Hwbot benchmark.

Doesnt work....