HWBOT Community Forums

[beta] HWBOT Prime - x86 / ARM / Windows / Linux / Mac bench

After the benchmark has ran or you can't open it? It requires an internet connection and will abort if there is none. I tested it on a Moto G (score dropped from 1800 to 1200) and a Yarvik Tab260 (score remained 300).

Yeah, i forgot about internet connection ... but i can't sign in/register. It's loading then black screen and FC.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... in android you have to offload as much work as you can from the main (user interface) thread, so the ui remains smooth. This may cause other threads still running when the benchmark starts, causing a lower score. Maybe... I'm still looking for the cause.

Hmmm... in android you have to offload as much work as you can from the main (user interface) thread, so the ui remains smooth. This may cause other threads still running when the benchmark starts, causing a lower score. Maybe... I'm still looking for the cause.

I guess it might be the Media scanner, because I restored a backup and ran the benchmark shortly after boot into OS.

Hooray! Found the issue and uploaded a new version. Apparently the android specific "AsynTask" is no match performance wise for a plain old "Callable<T>" implementation. I used AsyncTasks everywhere because it has a nicer interface, but it's slower.

New score on Moto G: 1859 PPS :)

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hwbotdownloads/hwbotprime-android.apk

Single core devices are now a tiny bit slower though.

I was able to sign in but not sure how to upload results from phone for compare. "Me" tab just says, "Logged in as filmbot." Though here is screenshot of Nexus 5 score again with the latest link posted. May have a LG G2 result coming also. Results seem consistent but score does continue to go down if I keep running it without closing. Closed as much background services down as possible also.

Screenshot_2014-03-06-21-00-38_zpsqxtfhumt.png

Edited by filmbot

Yeah, just noticed the same. I am logged in, but the compare says "no scores" although I assume mine should be in there.

Mine never says "score synced" either.

I see a few scores from others. Login didn't seem to take at first but showed after switching windows and coming back.

did end up trying it out on my galaxy S after discussing with massman on FB :)

have not seen the sync message

keep getting "communication with hwbot failed :("

can see other scores submitted with my CPU type including massmans above and a 467 by FrAnDeoX.

am signed in (this took a few attempts).

cant remember how to take screenshots the function is missing from its usual place on my phone since updating to KK :(

did try both exiting and fully killing the app, then re-running as massman did, without success here.

have tried mobile data and wifi out of curiosity to see if it preferred one data method or another, still no sync.

edit: still the same after reboot of phone

will keep playing around.

one thing noted is that in contrast to what filmbot said, my scores have increased by up to 10pps by re-running without exiting.

Edited by t8y

Did a few runs with my galaxy s4, here are my results ;

Run 1 : 2191

Run 2 : 2111

Run 3 : 2126

Run 4 : 2058

Run 5 : 2188 (closed program and re-opened by accident this run)

Run 6 : 2081

Run 7 : 2109

Run 8 : 2114

So it seems the first run is still a bit better for some reason, note this is with the latest version of the benchmark too.

Did a few runs with my galaxy s4, here are my results ; [...]

So it seems the first run is still a bit better for some reason, note this is with the latest version of the benchmark too.

Mine are very consistent on a vanilla Moto G upgraded to kitkat (within <2% variation). Maybe background processes?