HWBOT Community Forums

The official You've Got The Xtreme Power! thread.

G81

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth were they thinking while writing the rules? Competition starts in one week and MSI Big Bang XPower boards are not yet available! How is one supposed to compete? :o

haha sounds like typicall MSI fail :D

I smell another fail competition... :o

I think it's safe to say that my article can now be enriched :P

I honestly can't understand those people.

I bet I wasn't the only one telling them not to do it this way, and of course not launch a competition before people can actually buy the board... yet they did it again.

At the start of competition, Xpower is not available in market yet. but "During" the competition (around June middle), you can buy XPower in many regions around the world, so you can have 2 week to win over others.

btw, XPower is already sold in Japan, soon in other regions.

Actually it's knowledge ( or should I say step by step guides ) that people HAND OVER to you and only you.

Quote...

It's not like people find thoose things during the compeition - we often had situations where it was a special bios or mod that was non-pub...I consider that as "unfair".

It is surely different if somebody figures it out himself on it's own, keeps his knowledge during the competition and shares afterwards...but that's not the case with things around tweaks/mods/bios sometimes...

Edited by SoF

• Crew

What if a BIOS mod was done by yourself or for someone personally, from a more experienced guy? I don't see anything in using tricks that others don't know. If only the ways they were achieved are unequal - for example when a guy gets a special NDA BIOS or smth.

When a manufacturer gives a special BIOS to only 1 person, and that BIOS gives him an unbeatable advantage, this is definitely not fair.

If you figured the mod out yourself good for you, you can keep it to yourself or share it with the community.

But when a manufacturer gives a big advantage to only 1 person and organizes a competition that that 1 person will win no matter what because of that private modification is a BIG FAIL and a discriminating action against the oc community.

• Crew
But when a manufacturer gives a big advantage to only 1 person and organizes a competition that that 1 person will win no matter what because of that private modification is a BIG FAIL and a discriminating action against the oc community.
Yep, totally agree. Manufacturer support is like a BFG against others. Maybe even a BFG combined with a quad damage. :D

When a manufacturer gives a special BIOS to only 1 person, and that BIOS gives him an unbeatable advantage, this is definitely not fair.

If you figured the mod out yourself good for you, you can keep it to yourself or share it with the community.

Sorry Bill but you are waisting your breathe here. That doesn't mean that you are wrong though. ;) We are just going to have another fail competition with very few participants.

First of all, more than one person has the necessary modifications for the competition. Maybe you don't have ... but then you'll just need to find a way to get them. Unless you consider overclocking as something where everything has to be available at your disposal at the very moment you think of it?

Secondly, there are more than one stages in the competition. If you can't win in the 3D one, go for 32M. I always hear people being happy when this benchmark is included in a competition. It's tweakable, right?

Thirdly, I also noticed that most of those who complain haven't been competing in ANY competition in the recent past. A lot of noise and a lot of complaining for sure ... but never actually trying. Maybe it's easier to blame the competition in the beginning than not being the winner at the end?

Fourth, if you read the rules carefuly, MSI is the first manufacturer to not limit the VGA card brand for the 3D part of the competition. This was a HUGE problem in previous competitions and made a lot of overclockers go mad. Sadly enough, when a manufacturer does an effort to solve the problem, the noise-makers fail to see this.

I'm learning a lot from these few replies already ... " ;) "